Cpu Tempratures

Associate
So recently (about 2 months ago) I built my first PC using an AMD Ryzen 5 Six core but the temperatures are worrying. When I'm playing even cs go it reaches a temp of 57 degrees Celsius and when I'm playing fortnite it can sometimes spike to 70 degrees and usually stays around 65 degrees Celsius. I didnt buy a cooler and am using the stock cooler but im just wondering whether the stock cooler is really this bad? I'm planning on buying a new cooler asap but if the stock cooler is under preforming then i may have just installed it wrong which is honestly what i think has happened. If not let me know thanks :)

Associate
OP
Good case - you could add a front 140mm fan if you're concerned and add it to your curve. But, your temps are nothing to be concerned about.
Alright thanks I was thinking about buying some rgb stuff anyway so that was already on the list do u mind explaining what you mean by "adding it to your curve" Im still fairly new to building pc's im assuming its just a saying for like the system lmao
I wouldn't worry about it.
I purchased a H115i for £50 from overclockers it's a refurb but looked new and works perfect.
Alright might buy myself something like that down the line ty

Soldato
Alright thanks I was thinking about buying some rgb stuff anyway
RGB bling bling costs lots of extra very fast.
Good non bling bling fan costs this much:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arctic-cooling-p14-black-fan-140mm-fg-04m-ar.html
With PWM version having 10 year warranty, while standard version has "only" 6 year warranty...

Really could add more or swap fans, NZXT's fans look bad for pressure and capability to deal with obstuctions like those stamped meshes.
If you have there non-reference cooler graphics card, that also dump lots of heat into case.
CSGO is both graphically old game stressing GPU less and neither it does load many CPU cores.
Fortnite likely stresses both more.

Though in case of CPU cooler you can get RGB for reasonable extra.
This is only step behind the best coolers instead of overpriced average cooler.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/scyt...-cpu-cooler-with-pwm-fan-120mm-hs-04c-sy.html

Permabanned
Stock coolers do suck, they're the minimum required for the CPU to not die.
Spending £30 on something with a 120mm fan is a big improvement to temperatures and noise for not much money.
However, max temp of 70c is perfectly normal, nothing to worry about. If you see 80c that's when you should worry.

Soldato
I have a 2600x, I've either missed what yours is or you haven't mentioned it but both 6 cores

Mine is in a fractal meshify c so a case geared for air flow and the cooler is a be quiet dark rock 4

I get 65c max temp when gaming demanding games, I can shave a couple of degrees off that by cranking the fans up but it gets too loud

The CPU won't shut down until 90c which you're miles away from

If it's worrying you get an aftermarket cooler, I only changed mine because of the noise though, as long as it's under 70c and silent I'm happy

Also the CPU constantly hits max boost on each core of 4.25ghz and sits over 4ghz as an average over 2 hours on all cores, it wouldn't do that if it was too hot

Associate
OP
RGB bling bling costs lots of extra very fast.
Good non bling bling fan costs this much:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arctic-cooling-p14-black-fan-140mm-fg-04m-ar.html
With PWM version having 10 year warranty, while standard version has "only" 6 year warranty...

Really could add more or swap fans, NZXT's fans look bad for pressure and capability to deal with obstuctions like those stamped meshes.
If you have there non-reference cooler graphics card, that also dump lots of heat into case.
CSGO is both graphically old game stressing GPU less and neither it does load many CPU cores.
Fortnite likely stresses both more.

Though in case of CPU cooler you can get RGB for reasonable extra.
This is only step behind the best coolers instead of overpriced average cooler.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/scyt...-cpu-cooler-with-pwm-fan-120mm-hs-04c-sy.html
I do like that cpu cooler cant lie. One of my goals is to get a really nice looking setup ik its completley pointlesss but I guess im just stuck in my ways. Thanks a lot for the advice

Also does anyone know what id be looking for in a good fan like is there a certain rpm it should have?

Last edited:
Soldato
I do like that cpu cooler cant lie. One of my goals is to get a really nice looking setup ik its completley pointlesss but I guess im just stuck in my ways. Thanks a lot for the advice

Also does anyone know what id be looking for in a good fan like is there a certain rpm it should have?
Mugen 5 TUF is actually one of the few RGB fad products with still good pricing for what it is.
(only 16% price extra over standard version)
Lot's of adressable RGB stuff is buttrape&robbery overpriced.
It alone should improve CPU temps lot without improving case cooling any, because of vastly lower thermal resistance/better heat dissipating capability than stock HSF.

Most motherboard have fan control, so you don't have to get some precise speed rating fans.
Of course in some "Who cares about noise?" overclocking lower speed fans would be waste of time.
But still for quieter use there's no sense in buying any high speed fan it isn't known to scale down to slow speeds.
Arctic P14's start up voltage is ludicrously low 2.1V, so it can certainly scale with voltage control.
While P14 PWM has speed range down to 200rpm

Back
Top Bottom