New Minecraft 1.13.2 Vanilla server now up!

Soldato
OP
thanks, how do I make my claims bigger?

You use a golden shovel to expand claims. To see if a block is claimed, click on it with a stick.

You start off with 100 blocks and you gain 100 extra blocks per hour of gameplay, but if you're really stuck I can always add to your claim amount if you want :)

I'll head over to spawn later and dump a whole load of golden shovels in the chests there.

Associate
OK, I've been stalking this thread since it was made and I've finally given in. Can I be added please? IG name is Loftie AFAIK.

Associate
Think they must have made combat harder since I've last played, went to slap a skelly only to be given a face full of arrows. I call aimbot.

Soldato
OP
Think they must have made combat harder since I've last played, went to slap a skelly only to be given a face full of arrows. I call aimbot.

Not sure when you last played, but the combat was reworked back in 1.9. Make sure you have a shield in your off hand and you can soon slap those skellybutts!

The server is on hard mode, so that may also be a factor!

Associate
Not sure when you last played, but the combat was reworked back in 1.9. Make sure you have a shield in your off hand and you can soon slap those skellybutts!

The server is on hard mode, so that may also be a factor!

Pretty sure it was before I've not played past the horse update tbh. Hard mode makes sense, doesn't hurt any less when they slap me with their enchanted bows. They didn't even drop the bow! :D

Edit: shield definitely helped, cheers for the info

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just thought I'd post these here - Found them on Reddit, and I find them really useful for builds :)

/snip
https://imgur.com/a/0J5RoE1

That's a pretty handy guide - ty :)

Pretty sure it was before I've not played past the horse update tbh. Hard mode makes sense, doesn't hurt any less when they slap me with their enchanted bows. They didn't even drop the bow! :D

Edit: shield definitely helped, cheers for the info

Crumbs - the Horse update was 1.6!! You've got a whole lotta new stuff to discover! Glad the shield helped :)

Associate
Only been on a couple of days and someone has already started fly-tipping! Dumped a load of iron right outside my stick-ball-thingy-house! :p (Ta for the blocks)

Playing this after last playing better than wolves, I'm still suspicious of all squids and wolves.

Soldato
OP
It's now possible to update the server to 1.14.2 as both coreprotect and griefprevention now support 1.14. Dynmap has not updated as yet, so we would be without that for the foreseeable future, and UltimateTimber is yet to update.

So - do we want to upgrade to 1.14.2? I would like to, and to keep the existing world/map and maybe I could put in a teleport button to tp players to an unregenerated area of the map, with a return button so new 1.14.2 land can be generated.

Let me know your thoughts - I will backup the world before pressing the big shiny button though! Cheers - Ham

Associate
I've not done much on it TBH, as such I'm easy. Though I'd definitely miss dynmap. Ultimatetimber is useful, unless you like to plant the trees in certain places and have to run round smacking all the saplings out. I assume 1.4 breaks all your farms?

Soldato
OP
I've not done much on it TBH, as such I'm easy. Though I'd definitely miss dynmap. Ultimatetimber is useful, unless you like to plant the trees in certain places and have to run round smacking all the saplings out. I assume 1.4 breaks all your farms?

I'm sure dynmap will update and I can find another tree mod.

The Iron Farms no longer work in 1.14 (but I think I have 9 double chests of iron blocks) but the others will be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom