Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Associate
I know everyone laughed at me when I asked if an Atari ST is comparable but there is one (520) with a heap of software, mouse and joystick locally for £60. Will I regret not getting an Amiga?
the 520ST is basically an A500 without all the custom chips and proper OS (ya know, the thing that made the Amiga great). i personally wouldn't bother.

Soldato
After my 600 decided it didn't like life a month or so back and was deemed to be beyond economic repair by Amiga Passion, I was very lucky to be offered a 500 w/512kb expansion board in fully working order for and incredibly good price.

I am now back in the land of Amiga, missed playing Project X and Super Cars :)

Soldato
Ahhhh those were the days. Had a 500 and then a 1200 later on.

Days spent banging out Dreamscape tunes and sat there playing XCom and Syndicate.

Of course there was Speedball 2, SWOS, Kick Off 2, Cannon Fodder etc as well.

Sometimes I wish I could somehow recreate the magic.

Associate
Damn, wish i had seen this thread a few months ago as my old Amiga 500s just got thrown out of the loft, tho they needed some work but all my other stuff went as well, so many floppies lol . Used to love DMS i think it was called to turn floppies into an image? There was also a way to connect the Amiga to a vhs recorder and backup the images to vhs tape, very handy :) Also had my first BBS experience on Amiga at 14400 speed, boy was that slow to download 1.2mb,till i got upgraded by the Sysop to a pair of USR Courier modems and then free local calls :) Does Physical Graffiti ring any bells?

Soldato
Ahhhh those were the days. Had a 500 and then a 1200 later on.

Days spent banging out Dreamscape tunes and sat there playing XCom and Syndicate.

Of course there was Speedball 2, SWOS, Kick Off 2, Cannon Fodder etc as well.

Sometimes I wish I could somehow recreate the magic.

I did pick up one of those ROM consoles that plug directly into the tv a few years back.. think it came with SWOS and cannon fodder and a few other games on it...

Soldato
Google plug n play tv.. one I had had Sensible soccer, cannon fodder and megalomania. :)

Got me reminiscing about this again... going to have to dig it out...

Soldato
I have 2 amigas love them got a amiga emulator on my pc yes a fellow fan of super cars also the turrican games cannon fodder was the dogs balls not a footie fan ….also had the Atari st as well but it wasn't as good as the amiga ...

Associate
I own Amiga 1200 with accelerator card of Blizzard 1260 @ 66Mhz cpu (plus built in fpu math processor which also runs obvious same 66Mhz like cpu does). RAM I have this B1260 card alone 128MB + SCSI kit what provide another memory slot which also has installed 128MB of ram, which makes it total of 256MB of ram (2x128MB). My Amiga 1200 has installed CF-card inside to replace HDD. 100% working order.

Earlier I also own another A1200, A500 and A500Plus with 512kb memory card. These three Amigas I sold away. Decided to keep only this what I have listed 1st in there with accelerator.

There are so many good games to be listed:

Monkey Island 1 & 2
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Legend of Kyrandia
Dune 2
Bubble Bobble
Dynablaster
Golden Axe
And so many more...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Picked up a Armiga at a car boot over the weekend. It was being sold as an external amiga floppy drive... Ummm.. Not quite, but ok. It's missing all the cables. A USB joystick and mouse will do for basics and a HDMI cable. It's the power that I'll need to get a suitable one for. 2.1a @5v. USB to a barrel cable should do it.

Now to find out how to get on the mailing list for the cores....

Associate
I had a 500, with the 512 Ram stick so I could play F/A- 18 Interceptor. Loved that game, doing Golden Gate Bridge flybys and seeing how low I could fly inverted.
I think shadow of the beast ran better with the upgrade also.
(Psynosis had a splash screen which flashed up Extra Memory detected)

Then had a 600 which had a lot of compatibility issues with certain games.

They both are long gone now- sold them on with hundreds of X-copy games.
Some of my favourites were.

Speedball 2
Shadow of the beast
F/A 18 Interceptor
Magic Pockets
Weird dreams (although it was so hard) (They used to have a phone in on both of these on Saturday morning t.v playing this while the caller would say jump,left,duck,right).
Batman.
Kick off 2
Sensible soccer
Double dragon series.
Turrican. 1/2.
Zany golf.
Desert strike
Jungle strike.
To name but a few, so many classics.

I remember my mate getting the Batman pack for Xmas before I had a Amiga and going up his house Xmas day to play it. (I still remember the cheat code turning the title screen upside down when enabled).

Good times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom