Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Associate
To be honest, if you thought HDR in the absence of FALD was ever going to hold a candle to a high end screen with it, then I would suggest you didn't do your research. This is a no-brainer, and you basically shouldn't have even looked at the difference lol!

Outside of the £1800 4K 27" models, I think every PC monitor with HDR is a gimmick. Even those ones weren't perfect.

Actually, your TV doesn't have FALD... it's just direct lit with local dimming. But that just highlights how much of a gimmick Samsung's solution is.

When you have horizontal and vertical zones you have FALD, but the difference is, how many you have. I thought I have on my Sony 48, but somewhere I saw that it has propably only 35. And yeah, that´s the big difference in comparision with other high end Screens with 350+. That´s propably the reason about this new Samsung model, why we did´t see any professional reviews yet, cause everybody was expecting FALD togehter with HDR1000 on this new upgrade of chg9

Soldato
I was going to type essentially the same as the post above but as Legend already said that, I will just say I agree with what he said!

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all quick question: do your monitors automatically come out of standby mode when you switch your PC on? Mine doesn't. I've disabled the auto-off/eco timers (thinking it was switching off rather than staying on standby) but that didn't help.

I have to manually turn it on every time. DP connection if that makes any difference.

Any ideas?

Associate
Hi all quick question: do your monitors automatically come out of standby mode when you switch your PC on? Mine doesn't. I've disabled the auto-off/eco timers (thinking it was switching off rather than staying on standby) but that didn't help.

I have to manually turn it on every time. DP connection if that makes any difference.

Any ideas?

Yes, I have to turn in on manually every time too (connected through DP)
This has to be fixed with some firmware update propably.

Associate

Any ideas?

yup, same problem here, find it a bit of a pain, so would be great if they could resolve this.

Associate
While not perfect the 1080TI copes well enough - having the same bug with the start up. Cant find any firmware update either

Back
Top Bottom