**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
Think note 7 would be best choice for your budget as can get it from UK. Pro would be better but there is no global version. Main reason I went for mi9. If you still have note 4x you can stick pixel experience ROM on it and it makes it a great phone if you want to keep it.

Associate
In that case try pixel experience ROM, I did install it for a week while I was waiting for my mi9 phone to come and gotta say it was really nice. Everything works perfectly on it.

Soldato
Been driving myself nuts trying to decide on a replacement dual sim (ideally sub £200) mobile, after my Maze Alpha bricked last Saturday, following a fall from my front shirt pocket while inside its case which left no external signs of damage.

Been looking at the likes of...
Xioami Mi A2 Lite
Xioami Mi A2
Nokia 7.1
Nokia 6.1
Umidigi F1
Umidigi F1 Play
Samsung Galaxy A40 (£40 cashback offer when bought directly from Amazon dropped it to £180)
Motorola G7
etc.

Ended up choosing the Mi A2 (Uk version) for £170 from Amazon a bit earlier (just in time for delivery tomorrow), but very nearly ordered the Mi A2 Lite... Not overly bothered about lack of 3.5mm headphone jack as I have some Taotronic Bluetooth earbuds, just hope I won't regret the ~3000mAh battery and the lack of an SD card expansion slot. Using my mobile as a way to surf the net away from my pc and as a companion to my cycling GPS computer for automatic re-routing off a planned course, buying the Mi A2 with the Snapdragon 660 processor will work out fine... With a bit of luck!

maj

maj

Soldato
So unofficially the Mi 9T looks to be the Pocofone F2. Was there a 'Pro' version of the F1? I ask because outside of the EU, the phoned is branded the K20, with both pro and non-pro variants. There doesn't seem to be a 9T pro available in the UK yet and wondering how long we are likely to wait.

The Mi 9T can be had for £275 when on offer and don't know whether to jump on it or wait for a Mi 9T Pro which may or may not come.

Caporegime
So unofficially the Mi 9T looks to be the Pocofone F2. Was there a 'Pro' version of the F1? I ask because outside of the EU, the phoned is branded the K20, with both pro and non-pro variants. There doesn't seem to be a 9T pro available in the UK yet and wondering how long we are likely to wait.

The Mi 9T can be had for £275 when on offer and don't know whether to jump on it or wait for a Mi 9T Pro which may or may not come.

I'd take a 855 over a 710 any day, so if it didn't come over here, I'd just get a K20 Pro from overseas, like I did with my current Mix 2S, and the ZUK Z2 Pro before it.

maj

maj

Soldato
I'd take a 855 over a 710 any day, so if it didn't come over here, I'd just get a K20 Pro from overseas, like I did with my current Mix 2S, and the ZUK Z2 Pro before it.

Might take a look on Aliexpress and see if there's any deals on. What's confusing about the K20/Pro is that it's labeled as being in the 'Redmi' series. Isn't Redmi Xiaomi's budget range? The Mi 9T is 'Mi' yet the K20 Pro is the better phone.

Back
Top Bottom