*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Man of Honour
I changed my settings when I cancelled to email, post and Sky ID phone number. Had a call today though and was offered entertainment for £17, HD for £1 and F1 for £10 which was the deal killer. It sucks being taken off the old package that I got F1 free as part of the HD pack!!

Three days left before my cancellation is final and they won't budge on the above. They keep throwing in box sets for a quid as well even though I keep telling them we have never used them. I haven't had a single offer through the post, there is nothing in the "my offers" section of my account and there's nothing in the "TV pending cancel" section apart from start a live chat or call us for a great offer. Start live chat and I just get offered the above. How are people getting these £11 and £13 offers for entertainment? I have the relevant communication preferences enabled in my account as well.

The weird thing is that everything but F1 is for 12 months while F1 is for 24 months. That's very sneaky as it would tie me to Sky for 24 months whether I get a deal for the second 12 months or not. I don't even think that F1 is worth £10 a month let alone the ridiculous full price. We will soon be coming up to the summer break so that's 3 weeks with no racing and then there's the winter shut down of 3 months with no races yet we are still expected to pay for something we are not using. Sky need to realise that F1 is not like football. Football has many matches per month while F1 has 2 races, sometimes 3 when there are back to back races.

Soldato
Three days left before my cancellation is final and they won't budge on the above. They keep throwing in box sets for a quid as well even though I keep telling them we have never used them. I haven't had a single offer through the post, there is nothing in the "my offers" section of my account and there's nothing in the "TV pending cancel" section apart from start a live chat or call us for a great offer. Start live chat and I just get offered the above. How are people getting these £11 and £13 offers for entertainment? I have the relevant communication preferences enabled in my account as well.

The weird thing is that everything but F1 is for 12 months while F1 is for 24 months. That's very sneaky as it would tie me to Sky for 24 months whether I get a deal for the second 12 months or not. I don't even think that F1 is worth £10 a month let alone the ridiculous full price. We will soon be coming up to the summer break so that's 3 weeks with no racing and then there's the winter shut down of 3 months with no races yet we are still expected to pay for something we are not using. Sky need to realise that F1 is not like football. Football has many matches per month while F1 has 2 races, sometimes 3 when there are back to back races.
Check that 24months detail though. I'm sure it's that price for 24 months but on a monthly rolling contract. So you could cancel it any month without penalty. I'm quite certain that's what I was offered anyway.

Associate
Hi,

Been looking at this thread for a while and this is my first post. I have just spoken to Sky (via chat) about cancelling my contract and received the following offer:

Entertainment: £20
Kids: £1
Box Sets: £1
Sports: £16
Cinema: £11
Multi-Room: £13

Total: £63 a month

Do you think this is a good deal or is it worth holding out for something better?

I have the 2TB Q box and one mini box

Thanks.

Caporegime
That's probably as good as it's going to get tbh. Actually going through with the cancellation is a pain as they start asking for boxes to be returned. If you're happy with that then why not accept it?

Associate
Thanks for the info MissChief.

I think I was looking at the earlier post where one of the guys was paying £56 for a similar offering and thought I could get down to that price.

Soldato
Hi,

Been looking at this thread for a while and this is my first post. I have just spoken to Sky (via chat) about cancelling my contract and received the following offer:

Entertainment: £20
Kids: £1
Box Sets: £1
Sports: £16
Cinema: £11
Multi-Room: £13

Total: £63 a month

Do you think this is a good deal or is it worth holding out for something better?

I have the 2TB Q box and one mini box

Thanks.

Similar to what I ended up with. Couldn't be arsed with arguing & messing around.

Entertainment £20
Box sets £4
Sports £14
Cinema £ 11
Multiroom £13

Multiroom annoys me though, i only have the one 2tb box but have to have multiroom for UHD. Why not just say we charge for 4k!
Not great but still better than the £103 they originally wanted :(

Associate
Thanks for letting me know. I’ve served my 31 days notice as of this afternoon. Do you think it’s worth waiting for someone to give me a call or should I ring the team to try and get it down further?

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Soldato
Thanks for letting me know. I’ve served my 31 days notice as of this afternoon. Do you think it’s worth waiting for someone to give me a call or should I ring the team to try and get it down further?

Thanks again everyone for your help.
Have you got the sky app? Use their messenger service, ask to talk to cancellations/retentions/whatever they called now and ask if they have any better offers available to you today. I took out entertainment at £20 on a new contract but the very next month I contacted them and I recontracted again to £15 a month.

Associate
Managed to get the package for £61 per month in the end as I didn’t want to play any more hardball. Happy with price (my package was increasing to £99.50 in July)

Thank you all for your your advice and help!

Caporegime
Similar to what I ended up with. Couldn't be arsed with arguing & messing around.

Entertainment £20
Box sets £4
Sports £14
Cinema £ 11
Multiroom £13

Multiroom annoys me though, i only have the one 2tb box but have to have multiroom for UHD. Why not just say we charge for 4k!
Not great but still better than the £103 they originally wanted :(
Rumour is that they may separate UHD and Multiscreen and if you have them both it'll be £13 total.

Man of Honour
@RoboCod Where are you seeing that in your account, in the offers section? I have nothing in mine but this:-

Unable to proceed
Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call 08442 411 818.

Only two days left to go now and I have had no offers from Sky apart from the two times I have used the chat service and then the offers haven't been as good as others have had. Personally I couldn't care less but the wife is giving me a hard time about getting rid of Sky. Most of what she watches on Sky is on Freeview anyway and has better picture and sound than Sky but she won't listen. Women!!

Soldato
@RoboCod Where are you seeing that in your account, in the offers section? I have nothing in mine but this:-

Only two days left to go now and I have had no offers from Sky apart from the two times I have used the chat service and then the offers haven't been as good as others have had. Personally I couldn't care less but the wife is giving me a hard time about getting rid of Sky. Most of what she watches on Sky is on Freeview anyway and has better picture and sound than Sky but she won't listen. Women!!
That's a screenshot of my monthly bill. Speak to an advisor to get the best offers.

Associate

Unable to proceed
Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call 08442 411 818.

Careful if calling that number from a non-Sky phone line. I did so from my mobile with plenty of free minutes, and 20 mins cost a fiver.

This guy was on the phone to them for an hour, costing £35.

Whatever department are on the other end of that number isn't even retention, as they had to transfer me over when they saw I was in my cancellation period.

Apparently 03300 413 000 or 0800 151 2747 are the numbers you want.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't phone them anyway, I have tried the chat option a couple of times but they won't budge on what they offered me further up the page. Nothing on last months or this months bills either. Never mind as I have the wife interested in buying a Freesat box now because she can get more channels on that then we can through the aerial.

Associate
I've looked at some very old Sky cancellation discussion and there was talk that back in the day (i.e. Sky+ with 40 GB HDD days) you could keep the record/playback/pause functionality on Sky boxes for £10 pm with just access to Freeview channels on a rolling out-of-contract basis.

That still about? I'm guessing not in this Sky Q rent-a-box day and age.

I could see that being a thing for those of us with large HDDs who have a lot of content saved from Freeview channels, giving the chance to transition out from Sky cheaply without signing up to a new contract (or just to tide over in between getting a new full-fat Sky TV deal).

Back
Top Bottom