Homophobic attack on two women on London bus.

Soldato
I think you need to re-read his post - he's referring to the original story at lunchtime and again in regards to them appealing for witnesses...

Appealing for witnesses and identifying suspects are different things.

Police can have suspect(s) in custody (or not) and be appealing for witnesseses because they are under a legal obligation to make all reasonable enquires and don't just stop looking for further witnesses because someones been arrested or ID'd as a potential suspect.

Caporegime
Appealing for witnesses and identifying suspects are different things.

Police can have suspect(s) in custody (or not) and be appealing for witnesseses because they are under a legal obligation to make all reasonable enquires and don't just stop looking for further witnesses because someones been arrested or ID'd as a potential suspect.

They didn't have the suspects in custody until later today.

The attack happened a week ago, the story went viral today, seemingly this is when the Met coincidentally made some arrests.

Soldato
They didn't have the suspects in custody until later today.

The attack happened a week ago, the story went viral today, seemingly this is when the Met coincidentally made some arrests.

Again ill repeat my point

I'm sure the media attention expedited this case rather a lot. Not such great news for anyone else waiting on police to investigate there cases when their jobs get sidelined however.

TJM

TJM

Associate
I read the original story at lunchtime and you should have seen the torrent that was directed at the Met about this. They're appealing for info and witnesses yet didn't describe the attackers. Why?!

Unless of course their description didn't fit some sort of narrative...
What narrative? Avoiding specifics doesn't make this sort of comment any less whiny.

Soldato
What narrative? Avoiding specifics doesn't make this sort of comment any less whiny.

There isn't a narrative apart from the ones being made up in people's minds.....

Here's a high ranking hit for a quick Google for

'police appeal for witnesses suspect arrested'

Man arrested as police appeal for witnesses to three-car crash
UPDATED:
9TH MAY 2019A
A man has been arrested following a serious three-car collision in Oldbury yesterday afternoon (8 May).

Emergency services were alerted to the crash on Wolverhampton Road at the junction with Brandhall Road just after 2pm.

Two women were trapped in two separate cars – a blue Kia and a black Audi – while a toddler was rescued from one of the vehicles having sustained minor injuries.

A 20-year-old woman had to be cut free from the Kia and rushed to hospital where she remains with critical injuries.

The other woman, who’d been driving the Audi, was also freed by the fire service; she sustained serious injuries and was transported to hospital and kept in as a precaution.

A third car suspected of being involved was located by officers a short time later. The 31-year-old driver was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving. He remains in police custody this morning.

As you can see...

Suspect arrested

No physical description given beyond sex and age.

Police still appealing for witnesses....

And ditto for this one

Lee stabbing: witness appeal after police make murder arrest

An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of stabbing to death a teenager in south-east London.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Again ill repeat my point

I'm sure the media attention expedited this case rather a lot. Not such great news for anyone else waiting on police to investigate there cases when their jobs get sidelined however.

They didn't have them in custody the bit before "or not" is rather redundant, they were appealing for witnesses and hadn't yet found the suspects... there are potential witnesses that might have been of assistance (and indeed other potential victims even - I suspect that this group weren't exactly saints before and after the attack) that may have helped.

Soldato
They didn't have them in custody the bit before "or not" is rather redundant, they were appealing for witnesses and hadn't yet found the suspects... there are potential witnesses that might have been of assistance (and indeed other potential victims even - I suspect that this group weren't exactly saints before and after the attack) that may have helped.

Please read my above post.

Police do not release descriptions when they have identified a suspect(s)

There are good, sound practical and legal reasons for this. If you release a photo or a description of a known suspect you have uncessarily 'contaminated' any description any potential witness may give you of what they saw.

The above two examples are of police asking for witnesses when a suspect has been identified.

It is rather irrelevant whether they have been arrested or not as the purpose of the releasing a description can only be done for the following reasons

1) to seek to identify an unknown suspect

2) to seek to gain public assistance where a suspect is know but is in hiding or can't be traced

3) to warn the public of a dangerous individual at large or

4) or a photo can be released upon conviction in most cases (juveniles require court order)

Police related photos and or descriptions where there is a legitimate policing of reason to do so (which can include identifying convicted persons) not to satisfy the curiosity of the general public

Caporegime
Police related photos and or descriptions where there is a legitimate policing of reason to do so (which can include identifying convicted persons) not to satisfy the curiosity of the general public

What does the curiosity of the general public have to do with the points I raised? My point was in regards to other potential witnesses and/or others who had encountered them.

Soldato
What does the curiosity of the general public have to do with the points I raised? My point was in regards to other potential witnesses and/or others who had encountered them.

As per my two quoted examples the police didn't release descriptions of the two suspects in thoose cases as they were 'known' suspects at that point. This is routine in cases where suspects are known /identified.

The most relevant part of law relating to suspect identification is code d of the police and criminal evidence act 1984.

The code doesn't differentiate on the crucial issues of how to conduct investigations where ID may be an issue on the matter of suspects being arrested of not but rather whether the suspects are known or not

You may think that releasing a description of known suspect to the public is a good idea but its not as you have just uneccasarily contaminated any account any further potential witness may be able to give you because when they give the police their account, including a description of any suspects, are they providing their account or one modified by what they have been told or read about said suspect(s) ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've no idea why this news story has gotten as much traction as it has... this stuff happens all the time. Random moronic chavs attack people.... whats new?

Oh right... involves LGBT, instantly everyone jumps on the bandwagon calling the attack misogynistic and homophobic. All of sudden bunch of mp's tweeting about it jumping on the bandwagon.

Yes it's a disgusting act, yes these morons are cowards, yes i'd prefer to live in a world without this. But I can't help but rolls my eyes when the twitter brigade comes out in force.

Soldato
I've no idea why this news story has gotten as much traction as it has... this stuff happens all the time. Random moronic chavs attack people.... whats new?

Oh right... involves LGBT, instantly everyone jumps on the bandwagon calling the attack misogynistic and homophobic. All of sudden bunch of mp's tweeting about it jumping on the bandwagon.

Yes it's a disgusting act, yes these morons are cowards, yes i'd prefer to live in a world without this. But I can't help but rolls my eyes when the twitter brigade comes out in force.
Yeah I agree, we need harsher punishment to actually give idiots something to think about, it's only decency that stops many people from doing nasty stuff in this country now because we know that the sentencing is weak.

Soldato
Yeah I agree, we need harsher punishment to actually give idiots something to think about, it's only decency that stops many people from doing nasty stuff in this country now because we know that the sentencing is weak.

I just don't get it personally.... what goes through these peoples heads to stoop so low to attack randoms....

I can't even put myself in that position. Utter morons.

Caporegime
Bye Rob 12770. It was a good post but your last im sure lol.

I got a week's ban and called homophobic violating Facebook rules for saying the perpetrators should be publicly shamed and beaten. Those algorithms, working really well.

I'll repeat it again here, I do hope they get the snot beaten out of them but I read they are minors? At least one of them.

Those kind of people would have attacked anyone, any couple there, for whatever reason worked.
People saying "this is why we need a pride month" obviously have never lived in a reality where people are thugs for no reason but their entertainment.
Society needs more punishment for crimes like this, they need discipline from something.

Last edited:
Soldato
lets be honest..all we REALLY want to know is.. were they Asian ( muslim ) ?

interesting first post.......

From the rather limited information we have so far it seems what your suggesting probably isn't all that likely

Still on the......

'let's make large and possibly unsupported assumptions' bandwagon re the suspects motivations, ethnicity and religious/ poltical affiliations you are hardly alone.......

Apparently 'austerity', the Tories, and 'pro leave proganda' are also responsible......

I'm not sure that there are many ardent Brexiteers in the county that are teenagers who speak Spanish in London (or that are facists and /or Tory supporters either)

Statistically I would imagine a Spanish speaking person in the UK and thoose that associate with them would be more likely lib dem, Green or Labour voting remainers (assuming they were old enough to vote and could be bothered to do so in the first place) ?

Still I am sure the UK being ruled under a (famously not know for promoting hate against any ethnic/racial /religious groups) Corbyn / Labour administration whilst remaining in the, rather porous to immigration, EU is definitely the best way to see year on year reductions in 'hate' incidents?

/s

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can someone nuke the clearly cyka blyat bot.

Failed education system, doing it's duty, it's nice to know that the lack of vocational training has turned out real nice, ******* Tony Blair and subsequently toxic rhetoric from the Tories on a bender to kill whatever was left of the country's compassion.

There's no real solution for this though, prison is just going to vindicate them or turn them into criminals, discriminatory violence should be an automatic life time as far as i'm concerned, it's effects aren't just localised.

Last edited:
Associate
Can someone nuke the clearly cyka blyat bot.

Failed education system, doing it's duty, it's nice to know that the lack of vocational training has turned out real nice, ******* Tony Blair and subsequently toxic rhetoric from the Tories on a bender to kill whatever was left of the country's compassion.

There's no real solution for this though, prison is just going to vindicate them or turn them into criminals, discriminatory violence should be an automatic life time as far as i'm concerned, it's effects aren't just localised.

Do you think that maybe this has nothing to do with schooling or government policies and is more to do with parental upbringing, or lack of it?

Why does discriminatory violence deserve such severe punishments over any violence. When you are having your head stamped on an unprovoked attack, are the effects any less because you aren't part of a minority group?

And despite many criticisms, Blair's government did pump endless amounts of money into social programmes. I don't see how any of this can be leveled at his feet.

Caporegime
Failed education system blah blah, yet somehow 99.9% of all kids don't grow up stamping on people's heads.....for a laugh.

I'd like to see an eye for an eye type punishment for crimes like this.

Back
Top Bottom