Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Finally managed to get through...second box will be installed this Sat...won’t get the TV and internet upgrade until then apparently. SIM card is incoming. £99/m for a year. Reminder set in the calendar!

I signed up yesterday for a July activation, I think it’s a good deal considering BT with no telly package is £60 pm inc vat and I get 56mbit.

Will be running in SH modem Mode with an dual ac68u setup with the second ac68 wired into my pc.

Associate
Ah I'm now on the V.VIP (Will need to phone them tomorrow though as only realised i've got the wrong remote for the V6 Box) but I won't say no to these rather nice speeds

Associate
Ah I'm now on the V.VIP (Will need to phone them tomorrow though as only realised i've got the wrong remote for the V6 Box) but I won't say no to these rather nice speeds

I got in touch them about about M500, but it's forced into a huge package inc a Sim which is pointless for me :( no point paying +£30 for things I won't use lol.

Soldato
Noticed last week just by off chance of running a speed test they've upped my speed from 240 to 360 (i get nearly 390) and only just today recieved a letter telling my of such "free" upgrade.
Problem is we just know give it a few weeks they will put the bill up AGAIN. :D
But to be fair VM has been reliable for me.

Soldato
Noticed last week just by off chance of running a speed test they've upped my speed from 240 to 360 (i get nearly 390) and only just today recieved a letter telling my of such "free" upgrade.
Problem is we just know give it a few weeks they will put the bill up AGAIN. :D
But to be fair VM has been reliable for me.

VM (like many other ISP’s) usually reviews prices annually and increases tend to be minimal, what isn’t minimal is when you go from new customer/incentive pricing to retail. What does tend to be different to other ISP’s is they’ve consistently upgraded speeds, so you get more on the broadband side.

Soldato
I have VM broadband and TV.

The Broadband cable comes in on the second floor of our house and into a VM box.

The TV comes in on the ground floor.

I want to move the router downstairs and was wondering if I could get a splitter so to both use the box that comes in on the ground floor

Soldato
I have VM broadband and TV.

The Broadband cable comes in on the second floor of our house and into a VM box.

The TV comes in on the ground floor.

I want to move the router downstairs and was wondering if I could get a splitter so to both use the box that comes in on the ground floor
Yes absolutely nothing wrong in doing this.

Associate
Whats the latest on Virgin and their upload speeds? Im on the 350 package and normally get 20mb up, but last night I kept getting 30mb.. Is it increasing from 20 to 30?

Associate
V.VIP now renamed to 'Ultimate Oomph' (yes, really).

Tempted to ring them up and try to change from my 350 package, but its always a ballache as an existing customer.

Other option is to cancel my current arrangement, which is under my wife's name (12 month contract ends in August), and sign up again as a new customer to get topcashback...

Soldato
It looks like the upload speed for the 200 package remains at 12Mbps.
Which is crap, bt give a faster upload with their 70mb service. Virgin need to sort themselves out. I downgraded from 350 and was told I'd stay at 22 up, should have read the reviews first instead of after.

Associate
Hate to say this but in a way i do regret leaving virgin media,

i had the super fibre 70 service with 5 mbps upload,

I always had a rock solid 70 mbps download but the ping time was a let down though i must admit maybe it was the superhub 3.

Anyways with me on zen i get a solid 30-40 mbps download, i'm on the 80/20 service.

But the ping time on zen is a lot better i get like 10-20ms ping times to uk servers but on virgin i got like 40-50 ms ping time.

Dan.

Associate
I just got vivid 350 installed (yesterday) from BT standard fibre.

First impressions are pretty good. Ping in games is fine, streaming Netflix or bbci is perfect.

Few weird things. Doing speed tests a few times a row generates a lot of inconsistent results. One could be the full 350 then next could be 190 and then the third could be 30??? Etc

The other thing is watching twitch. It's fine but every now and then it just buffers for about 10 seconds and resumes.

Just a few nigly things. Anyone else experienced this?

Soldato
Folks, anybody having trouble with SMTP VM email at the moment?
All my devices suddenly are unable to download SMTP email (PC, mobile, tablet).

Not changed anything, am able to receive emails no problem.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom