Homophobic attack on two women on London bus.

Caporegime
Go on then I'll bite, what's he done that's racist.

Last week I think he said "London wasn't English anymore or Felt English." Something to that extent.

Which is a completely true statement.. I don't have to drop my racist toys out of the box to accept facts.

I lived there 35 years? My mum's neighbors are now, just the nearest 5 in a terrace, so either side of her and 3 opposite:

Old English guy, his wife died ten years ago, he won't be long.
Singapore Family 2 kids, Top bloke he works in IT we chat a lot when I'm back. He crashed a remote control helicopter into a tree we couldn't get it out. I lold.
Afghani Tax driver and his, approximately, 700 family members. lol I don't know i guess 20 people live there... Top bloke looks out for my mum a lot.
2 Flats 1 Random polish single mum, another one i have no idea.
Hong Kong Chinese family kids have grown up now, i went to school with their daughter, they owned the local Chinese. Got a lot of free prawn crackers.

Thats just 1 crappy street in what used to be a decent part of the london suburbs.... Its not very English at all.

A group of Orthodox Jewish businessmen are redeveloping an office building into flats down the road, on the conjunction with the main road, and the address is already being confused with my mum's place as she is no.1

There's letters to Mr Umbongo and Mr Polwisovizski already... I don't think you can get more multicultural. (Names changed to be more generically multicultural and less English.)

Last edited:
Soldato
I understand the London has many problems; I am sceptical that they can be laid at the door of "Multiculturalism". I suspect that poverty, austerity, the massive differences in disposable income and lack of opportunity have more to do with it.

It is a bit insulting to say if people are in poverty, austerity or people around them have more money, that they will start assaulting people.

I think there is a difference between trying to humiliate and assault two gay women and robbing a shop for food to survive.

I hear 'the hero' Sadiq Kahn is going to be increasing the price to drive in to London again soon. So London people can pay even more to drive around there.

ULEZ: New pollution charge begins in London
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47815117

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Breathtaking :eek:

Some of you people clearly live in the wrong era, you should be out beating up Huguenots, marching through the East End wearing Black shirts or stopping Blacks, Irish and dogs from living in your green and pleasant land :rolleyes:

Soldato
Go on then I'll bite, what's he done that's racist.

He moved to an island in the Caribbean full of black people, the racist!!!!! And then he actually had the gall to state an opinion, AN OPINION the double racist Nazi fascist. Stoning is too good for some people!!!!!!!

Extreme sarcasm aside, the "English" have a world-renowned reputation for politeness, so the extreme reaction he got from people living in London, after stating that he felt London didn't feel "English" any more, just proves his point all the more.

Soldato
He moved to an island in the Caribbean full of black people, the racist!!!!! And then he actually had the gall to state an opinion, AN OPINION the double racist Nazi fascist. Stoning is too good for some people!!!!!!!

Extreme sarcasm aside, the "English" have a world-renowned reputation for politeness, so the extreme reaction he got from people living in London, after stating that he felt London didn't feel "English" any more, just proves his point all the more.

There was in interview with some guy on TV a few days ago who said, if 50% of London were all Scottish, would it still be less English. Or something like that.

Then of course the counter argument from the liberal who said if you live in London are you not then English. I think the entire panel rolled their eyes at the same time.

Caporegime
The Labour Party.

Screwing poor people up the arse while telling them that they are enjoying it since 1906!

An alternative view would be trying to save people from nasty pollution related deaths like this girl and save the NHS some money treating pollution related illnesses.

Also: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science...n-killing-nearly-many-people-smoking-britain/

Air pollution kills nearly as many people as smoking in Britain each year, new figures have shown.

Although it was previously thought that emissions were responsible for around 40,000 deaths in the UK, new figures suggest it is closer to 64,000, just 18 per cent less than the 78,000 deaths caused by tobacco.

Soldato
well, judging what is currently happening in the news regarding primary schools teaching about same sex marriage and the backlash from the Muslim community protesting in droves outside schools because it "offends their religious beliefs".. it not that unlikely is it ?

I would suggest the account given by one of of the ladies about accents makes it less likely though

And there isn't any particular reason that some imbeciles on a bus harassing two lesbians as described would be as you suggest Asians rather than any other ethnicicity in London.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
John Cleese said:
I suspect I should apologise for my affection for the Englishness of my upbringing, but in some ways I found it calmer, more polite, more humorous, less tabloid, and less money-oriented than the one that is replacing it.
What the geriatric, wealthy, much married expatriate seems to be saying that London is more frenetic, less polite, more aggressive, and more money-oriented than he remembers it from fifty years ago.
Quite what he means by "less tabloid" God alone knows :confused:

I suspect that many Americans would say the same of New York, French people would say much the same of Paris, Spaniards would say the same of Madrid, etc.

As it happens, I believe that having moved there from Monaco John Cleese now lives in Chelsea - presumably it is overrun by Arabs and Russians.

On the positive side, he appears to be very disenchanted that the second phase of the Leveson inquiry into the lying and trivia obsessed press was “kicked out by rightwing governments”

Soldato
Why, when the police were actively hunting for the suspects and appealing to the public for help in doing so would they not release their descriptions?

no doubt because they are Black or Asian and the police dont want to be branded racist anymore that it already is.

Guys... As per my previous posts its routine for police not to provide descriptions of suspects when they have suspects already identified and police will still be asking for witnesses (even without providing a description of the suspects identified)

Police only release information to the press when there is a policing reason to do so.

Satisfying the publics curiosity around speculation around the ethnicity of an identified suspect is not a valid policing reason to release information.

Given that some of the suspects are legally children the police have to be doubly careful that they don't inadvertently provide information that could be used, by the general public, to identify already known suspects.

The further reasons for not releasing (identified) suspect descriptions is that it (unecessarily) contaminates any potential witness descriptions.

There is a fair bit or research on the suggestibility and fallibility of human memory.

Where possible police (and the courts) want a witness account that is not open to suggestions that it has been corrupted by information not known first hand to that witness.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Guys... As per my previous posts its routine for police not to provide descriptions of suspects when they have suspects already identified and police will still be asking for witnesses (even without providing a description of the suspects identified)

Police only release information to the press when there is a policing reason to do so.

Satisfying the publics curiosity around speculation around the ethnicity of an identified suspect is not a valid policing reason to release information.

Given that some of the suspects are legally children the police have to be doubly careful that they don't inadvertently provide information that could be used, by the general public, to identify already known suspects.

The further reasons for not releasing (identified) suspect descriptions is that it (unecessarily) contaminates any potential witness descriptions.

There is a fair bit or research on the suggestibility and fallibility of human memory.

Where possible police (and the courts) want a witness account that is not open to suggestions that it has been corrupted by information not known first hand to that witness.

I'll say this again, as you really really really seem to be struggling, despite being told several times by several people.

The initial police statements on the matter were appealing for information regarding finding those that had carried out the attack. They gave the description as 4 young males, 3 with an English and 1 with a Spanish accent. Why not give a more detailed physical description based on info from the 2 victims and in all probability the bus driver and likely CCTV on the bus? Black, white, brown, blue skin? Long hair, short hair, brown hair, blonde hair? Tracksuits, business suits, hoodies? Where did they get off the bus? Which way did they go? Tattoos?

Yes, they have now seemingly identified them but at the time they hadn't. How do you not get this?

Soldato
I'll say this again, as you really really really seem to be struggling, despite being told several times by several people.

The initial police statements on the matter were appealing for information regarding finding those that had carried out the attack. They gave the description as 4 young males, 3 with an English and 1 with a Spanish accent. Why not give a more detailed physical description based on info from the 2 victims and in all probability the bus driver and likely CCTV on the bus? Black, white, brown, blue skin? Long hair, short hair, brown hair, blonde hair? Tracksuits, business suits, hoodies? Where did they get off the bus? Which way did they go? Tattoos?

Yes, they have now seemingly identified them but at the time they hadn't. How do you not get this?

As far as I'm aware the descriptions re accents came from one of the victims themsleves when they talked to the press.

So if the police used this they were only using information already in the public domain.

Do you have a source in any case for the police using the description (I. E not the press reporting on it)

'4 young males, 3 with an English and 1 with a Spanish accent.'?

And do you have a source that the police were trying to identify suspects from a media appeal rather than just appealing for witnesses (which isn't the same thing)

Soldato
Further to the above some research shows the only pre arrest briefing from the Met I can find to have be here the links now dead but the linked twiiter post has lots of comments that suggest your talking a right old load of **** and the police didn't give a description that included accents

comments in that thread include …..

So Clem de Brulays post seems to specifically exclude the use of accents in the police appeal

and I don't see any mention that police were seeking to identify suspect via a press release rather than just seek witnesses.

So still waiting on your links to support your assertion....

Last edited:
Soldato
Here is some media reporting of the Met press release...

as suspected it does appear you were talking nonsense when you claimed the police released details of accents or were asking for help identifying suspects rather than just seeking witnesses in their pre arrest media appeal...

In a statement the force said: "Police are appealing for witnesses and information after two women were assaulted and robbed in a homophobic attack on a bus in Camden.

"The incident happened at approximately 02:30hrs on Thursday, 30 May after the two women, both aged in their 20s, boarded a N31 bus in West Hampstead.

"As they sat on the top deck they were approached by a group of four males who began to make lewd and homophobic comments to them. The women were then attacked and punched several times before the males ran off the bus. A phone and bag were stolen during the assault.

"Both women were taken to hospital for treatment to facial injuries."

Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD737/30May. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

so come really waiting for you to put up or accept you were wrong when you claimed

The initial police statements on the matter were appealing for information regarding finding those that had carried out the attack. They gave the description as 4 young males, 3 with an English and 1 with a Spanish accent.

I promise I will be really quite gracious if you cant support your assertion and wish to retract....

Likewise if you can prove me wrong...

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have no idea who or what a Clem de Brulay is - not sure why their tweet is relevant.

From your own posts and links:

Here is some media reporting of the Met press release...

as suspected it does appear you were talking nonsense when you claimed the police released details of accents or were asking for help identifying suspects rather than just seeking witnesses in their pre arrest media appeal...

In a statement the force said: "Police are appealing for witnesses and information after two women were assaulted and robbed in a homophobic attack on a bus in Camden.

"The incident happened at approximately 02:30hrs on Thursday, 30 May after the two women, both aged in their 20s, boarded a N31 bus in West Hampstead.

"As they sat on the top deck they were approached by a group of four males who began to make lewd and homophobic comments to them. The women were then attacked and punched several times before the males ran off the bus. A phone and bag were stolen during the assault.

"Both women were taken to hospital for treatment to facial injuries."

Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD737/30May. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

So as I stated the police issued a description of the attackers, identifying the fact that they were male - why not issue other pertinent facts? They then in that same statement made multiple appeals for info which I've highlighted for you.

The place I picked up on it was the BBC news at lunchtime where it was stated the Met were looking for information on the attackers.

Curiously the original BBC story has been updated to remove the original Met tweet which has seemingly disappeared along with their original article. I'd be interested in viewing that if anyone can find it.

Soldato
The uproar here is that women have been beaten up by men because of their sexuality (which is abhorrent)

If this was two men being assaulted by men, no one would report (also abhorrent)

Soldato
I have no idea who or what a Clem de Brulay is - not sure why their tweet is relevant.

From your own posts and links:

So as I stated the police issued a description of the attackers, identifying the fact that they were male - why not issue other pertinent facts? They then in that same statement made multiple appeals for info which I've highlighted for you.

The place I picked up on it was the BBC news at lunchtime where it was stated the Met were looking for information on the attackers.

Curiously the original BBC story has been updated to remove the original Met tweet which has seemingly disappeared along with their original article. I'd be interested in viewing that if anyone can find it.

Put up or shut up Dis.....

You claimed the police released details of the suspects accents - they didn't

You claimed police were ' appealing for information regarding finding those that had carried out the attack' which they were not they were asking for more witnesses.

I have given you a specific example of a similar incident where police were asking for public help to identify suspects not just seeking further witnesses,.

It high time you either supported your claims, accepted they were wrong or scurried away to leaved us all to form our own opinions

Back
Top Bottom