BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Oooh I assumed it was a reactive chemical but reacting to direct light rather than an electronic impulse from another sensor... interesting.

It’s controlled my electro-magic-trickery I had to recode my car as I found the side mirrors and rear view mirror would dim way too much, so much so that all I could see were very feint headlights, so I coded it to not dim as much.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Oh that's even more impressive, it's adjustable!

Still though, expensive glass that can't cost half of what they charge to make and distribute.

Soldato
Mini idea is getting **** on by all my friends too. I am being, and I quote, "gay". These are men in their thirties hahaha!

Edit: I had no idea **** was a swear word! And you guys got no clue what word I'm talking about haha

The R56 mini is brilliant, I hated the look of it but my wife insisted and we owned it from 2012 for 4years. The shape grew on me and the Cooper S version was a hoot to drive and as said above a nice cabin, not just the boring standard grey offering from most manufacturers. I’d like one again one day but it would mean giving up the convertible 3 series. One piece of advice though, ditch the run flats immediately - back breakers with the sports suspension!

Soldato
Had a bit of a chuckle at what I would call the BMW 'options lottery'..

We've picked up a 3 year old F25 X3 35d that had quite a nice options list (Dynamic Damping Control, LED Adaptive Headlights, Pan Roof, Surround View among others) but was shocked on viewing it that it only came with Manual seats! In this day/age you kind of take it for granted that a £47K Car (+options = Well over £50k) would probably come with electric seats as standard :)

I've found a few people complaining they went to town on the options list and had a shock when they picked up their new pride and joy to find the fundamental feature you'd expect was missing!

We did get it in the end (due to the rare options it actually has) but it made me pause for thought and made negotiating a bit easier, his reaction was priceless when he showed me how many X3's he had in stock didn't have electric seats, and even more priceless when he went through our P/X (Nissan X-Trail Tekna comes with the equivalent of about £6k - £8k of BMW options as standard, heated electric seats, pan roof, 360 cameras, park assist, lane assist, blind spot monitoring, full led headlights, speed limit information, 7 seats, collision avoidance, etc, etc)

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Trying to explain to the wifey that her "expensive" bmw doesn't have electric seats and why mine does was a mind **** and a half.

Edit: how the hell is **** censored but mindf*** ain't?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Funniest is on the g30 where they're already essentially electric but you pay extra for the memory and then extra for the lumbar...

It's all a bit ridiculous.

Same on my F10. Almost entirely electric. To add electric forward and backward and memory is... A grand.

So nobody bothered.

At least on the E39 it changes a totally manual seat into an electric one.

Soldato
It has got to the point their product experts who assist the sales people to deal with thus kind of options mire don’t actually know anything themselves.
Whilst mulling over a cheaper/older F25, we looked at a new G01 X3 and asked the question "what’s the most cost effective way to get
- electric seats
- surround view
- pro Nav/media
- comfort access
- ddc"

All they did was keep adding option packs to the tune of £6k, even though some of the items are available separately they really didn't try to figure it out, I ended up having to do it myself.

Soldato
My 520d is now on 106,000 miles so I've had a quote to get the timing chain replaced, a trusted local independent said it'll be £1000 - £1200 depending on what they find. Seems cheap to me but they are very well regarded guys. Any input from the guys on here?

Soldato
Soldato
It has got to the point their product experts who assist the sales people to deal with thus kind of options mire don’t actually know anything themselves.
Whilst mulling over a cheaper/older F25, we looked at a new G01 X3 and asked the question "what’s the most cost effective way to get
- electric seats
- surround view
- pro Nav/media
- comfort access
- ddc"

All they did was keep adding option packs to the tune of £6k, even though some of the items are available separately they really didn't try to figure it out, I ended up having to do it myself.

Surround view, electric seats etc are only available as part of a pack, so may make sense.

Associate
So I picked this up in the end. we had a little confusion on the service history but it all checked out.

Oct 2015
56k Miles
Lease plan warranty until Oct 2020
530d M sport with a poverty spec but one owner.

https://imgur.com/a/TLCL9qr

Paid £14.5k
That looks lovely for the money! How pov is poverty spec? BMW really got it right with the F10. I'm still not convinced the G30 is a better looking car.

Man of Honour
How pov is poverty spec?
looks like a (nearly) base 530d msport according to bmwvin:

VIN ********************
Prod. Date 2015-09-11
Service History ***************
Type 530D (EUR)
Series F10 (5 Series)
Body Type LIM
Steering RL
Engine N57T
Displacement 3.00
Power 190kw / 258hp
Drive HECK
Transmission Automatic
Colour CARBONSCHWARZ METALLIC (416)
Upholstery LEDER DAKOTAOYSTER EXKLUSIVNAHT(SW (LCOX)
Check mileage

Editions And Packages
P337A M Sports Package
S704A M Sports Suspension
S710A M Leather Steering Wheel
S715A M Aerodynamics Package

Comfort And Interior Equipment
S423A Floor Mats Velours
S428A Warning Triangle And First Aid Kit
S431A Interior Mirror With Automaticdip
S441A Smoker Package
S481A Sports Seat