Women's World Cup 2019 Thread

Soldato
I watched the first half and some of the second. Korea looked really poor in the first half. They improved in the second half, otherwise it could have been a rout. Wendy Renard is the women's equivalent of Peter Crouch. :o

China are currently giving Germany problems. Poor defending from the Germans, but China haven't been able to capitalise so far.

Don
Peak time broadcast on BBC1 is political correctness gone mad, I could just about understand if they decided to put the England games on but random others ????

Soldato
3-1 victory for Spain over South Africa was rather flattering. They were poor in front of goal and perhaps only looked liked scoring when SA were knackered.

Nigeria look pretty feisty against Norway. Could be a decent contest.

Soldato
Aye, edgy first few minutes, but that should be Norway away now.

Yeah. Shame they couldn't make a game of it. Probably more of a gap between the top ranked women's nations against the those ranked lower, compared to the men's game.

France v Norway should be an interesting and more even contest.

Just looked at the BBC site and saw Justin Edinburgh has passed away after suffering a heart attack 5 days ago. :(

Will always remember the years when he played for Spurs. RIP Justin.

Soldato
Then why are you posting in here?

Can we keep this nonsense out of here please?

You'll always get someone posting something like that when it comes to women's sport. Maybe some guys like to let everyone else know that they are manly men. :p

I'd just ignore the odd comment.

Soldato
Yeah. Italy looked to have improved a lot. I don't think they qualified for the last WC.

Brazil v Jamaica; and Brazil have apparently lost their last 9 nine matches coming into this WC. Well they won 3-0 but missed so many chances. It could have been 7.

I know you can't really compare the men's to the women's game; but I just looked at the Fifa rankings for a bit of fun and it's quite surprising to see countries like Thailand and Vietnam higher ranked than Argentina and Chile. Jamaica are 53rd, but are ranked higher than Croatia! I suppose some countries don't invest much into the women's game.

Uruguay are probably the highest ranked men's footballing nation with the lowest ranked women's team; 6th and 75th respectively. Even Haiti are above Uruguay in the women's game! Just seems weird to me, for nations known for their football to have a women's team lower ranked than nations who aren't any good at football on any level.

Soldato
Harsh, but yeah, if the arm is in a position it shouldn't be an blocks the ball, intentional or not, it's a penalty. Well hit penalty from Parris.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom