Modded exhaust noise detectors camera fines are coming.

Soldato
My impreza was rather loud, never given too much pedal in built up areas though, it seems excessive for some specific perceived issue. Lorries, buses and other large vehicles make loud noise but because it's a different tone, they're ok?
I'd rather they spent these funds on improving roads or public transport instead of catching the occasional loud vehicle.

Soldato
One of the statements I'd read, said about going by with illegal revs. Not entirely sure what that means as there isn't a rev limit, only a speed/nouse one. Will be interesting to see how they implement it, whether it will scan reg and know what the limit for that model of car is?

Soldato
My impreza was rather loud, never given too much pedal in built up areas though, it seems excessive for some specific perceived issue. Lorries, buses and other large vehicles make loud noise but because it's a different tone, they're ok?
I'd rather they spent these funds on improving roads or public transport instead of catching the occasional loud vehicle.

But the boxer engines make quite a low pitched noise. On some of them you can FEEL it through the floor, but actually aren't producing that many db when you try to measure it.

Last edited:
Soldato
But the boxer engines make quite a low pitched noise. On some of them you can FEEL it through the floor, but actually aren't producing that many db when you try to measure it.
Yea it's a lower rumble but was a 3" turbo back, set car alarms off occasionally (changed from an angled to straight exit to lessen the noise projection a little) but around 3k rpm it did start to get loud.

Soldato
I think we all know the kind of muppets this is aimed at... those in performance cars thrashing away from lights in diquavy mode, and kids of all ages with exhausts tweaked to make them feel like kings of hot air. I've no time for any of them. On a Bank Holiday weekend the road warriors are out up the Cat & Fiddle road trying to commit suicide and I can hear some of them from here, miles away.

There's one particular spotty yoof round here who has some silly little low insurance car with a stupidly loud exhaust mod which scares my poor old demented Mum out of her wits if he passes while we're out with the dog. The sooner he gets a clip round the wallet, the better.

Sgarrista
Commissario
i hope to see plenty of these with burning tyres round em like we used to see with the scameras out in the sticks catching people in the middle of nowhere for nowt much more than a couple of mph over the limit.

Agreed, the local "council scum" of our area have already openly said if any turn up theyll be destroying them.

Crack on I say :D

Soldato
Don't really have a problem with cars - don't find their exhausts too loud most of the time. Many motorbikes, however, have very noisy exhausts; especially mopeds and dirt bikes, or a decent road bike going flat out

Soldato
Can't see this ever getting off the ground to be honest. As with most things in life there's a time and place. I don't mind the sound of a performance car giving the beans in the countryside between roundabouts for example but as a poster above has mentioned its often scooters, dirt bikes and chaved up crap boxes that think it's okay to hit the redline in built up area in thr evenings or at night. My C63 (stock) isn't quiet but it's certainly not antisocial when driving responsibily in comfort mode.

Back
Top Bottom