what BT headphones do you use for running?

Caporegime
cheers

i wonder what D.P uses

I don;t actually use any headphone when running. I prefer to hear cars and/or nature. also, you have to be careful because many races dont; allow you to wear headphones so if you do all your training for say a marathon with music and then on race day you aren;t allowed headphones then you are in for a big surprise!

That being said, given how long I spend running I want to be more efficient with the time and start listening to some audiobooks and podcasts.
I have tested the Trekz Air and really liked them. Being bone conducting they allow you to hear cars etc.

And now I am stuck cross-training for 6 weeks I have purchased some cheap waterproof MP3 headphones I can use in the pool. Will try them out later today

Caporegime
Tested? Kept? Still use? I mainly listen to podcasts while cycling, so I'm curious to know how loud these are if I have plenty of wind noise for them to deal with.

tested them at London Marathon expo and brief test at a running shop. In the shop they seemed perfect. I was happy with them at the marathon epxo with the background noise but you could definitely tell the limitation.
While cycling I think they would work but would be fairly quiet. Obviously the whole purpose is to get the full volume of outside sound with the music added.

Associate
I've used them (Trekz air) for about 6 months. They are perfect for my running - easily hear cars (in fact if you are running near a major road you will struggle to hear the music), you don't notice they are there (sooo light) and battery lasts two long runs (~6 hours). The only thing to watch out for is I'm on my second pair after the first died 2 months in - bricked. On my second pair the charge complete light no longer works (not a problem as the red charge light goes off). So if you buy them, go for a store where it is easy to replace them as they don't seem too robust (and they aren't cheap).

Underboss
OP
Associate
I use Jabra Elite Active 65t (https://www.jabra.co.uk/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-active-65t) and I'm more than happy with them. Battery life could be better, but couldn't it always, and if it's really windy you get a bit of feedback but nothing major. I frequently cycle to work with them and can't hear it 90% of the time. I was sceptical about them staying in ear when running but I haven't had any issues.

I accidentally left them in my running jacket pocket and they went through a full wash cycle, and they still work perfectly as well.

Underboss
OP
ive just had another look at the Mpow and Anker versions
and i think its a good idea to put the volume controls onto the ear piece rather than the wire (which i currently have)
i do run in strong winds and it catches the wind more and bounces around

Underboss
OP
i was going to update this tonight

They arn't bad actually ! better than my other pair

pros -

Stay in the ear, they dont fall out like my others
Cable is shorter and flat rather than round, which is better
Great sound if a lot of bass at first

no idea on battery life

Cons -
got used them them now, but they seems to be on the edge of coming out your ears, but they wont..
Power button is in the wrong place really, i.e. its in your ears and you turn it off (you hear it shutdown) so your pushing the it IN your ear which hurts a bit lol (small gripe)
no magnets to hold round your neck, but not too bad really

Associate
Has anyone got the Samsung Galaxy buds? I like the look of them better than the Apple ones as they don't have that stupid plastic hanging out your ear.

Soldato
Posted in the 'things I bought today' thread. They dropped the price to £100, so I thought I'd give them a go!

CaTvjX8h.jpg

Ifd1j80h.jpg

Bought specifically for when cycling with others. The times I'm alone I can listen to things, when chatting, I can stop and my ears are free to listen to my friends. Definitely not a lot of bass, but podcasts sound really good.

Associate
I’ve tried a few cheaper bt earphones off amazon and they never lasted long, brought some trex air titanium’s had them for 6 months now and have no regrets can run on the road and still hear nature and road traffic.

Associate
Thought it was appropriate to piggy back of this thread rather than starting a new one.

Trekz Air Vs Titanium, the only difference I can see is a 5g weight difference and at £70 Vs £100, this doesn't seem worth it? Anyone advise me otherwise?

Associate
Ended up buying a set of Trekz Air and so far, very impressed.

Used them for the Blaydon race and did have my reservations about them being loud enough and staying on my head. I needn't have worried as they stuck to my head and, aside from the start and finish where there was people cheering and music blasting, could hear them perfectly fine and only had them on 1/2 volume.

Soldato
Yeah, I've experienced the same. Loud lorries passing will over power it, but otherwise volume is good. I wouldn't recommend them as much for music as I would for podcasts though. My only issue is the main start/stop button being on the corner, so when I press it moves/contorts it out of place, making the double press a little tricky. I figure you can press a little more central on it (and the double press can be quite slow) and it still works though.

Back
Top Bottom