cordless mower reccomendation?

Soldato
Hi

First time grass owner and I need a mower!

Moved into our new house last month and am currently borrowing a mower of my brother until i can get one.

Its a standard electric wired mower and it is annoying the hell out of me with the wire running all over.

So i am considering getting a cordless mower.

This is what i have to mow:

(its now nearly 2 months since it was laid and has had a couple of mows)

I've seen a Cobra MX4140V that seems to get good reviews, has anyone got one and can comment? Will this be enough to mow the lawns i have?

Is the mulching feature worth the extra? I'm not really into gardening but would like to keep my lawns nice.

I would also have to carry the mower up a flight of saints to the back garden

Cobra also do a strimmer that shares the same battery which would be nice.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Soldato
My new next door neighbor was cutting his lawn with what looked like a battery mower - when I asked later he said it was from Lidl and he has had it 3 yrs and it's never failed -- it's 36v-- it also made a better job than my mains Flymo.

Soldato
I'd have expected the lawn in the first picture to be taken care of by the council or property management, as it doesn't seem to be within your fence.

Soldato
Associate
my ryobi 18v one is okish, the 4.0a battery might just do your back lawn, but to do both you would need 2x 5.0a batteries

Soldato
OP
I'd have expected the lawn in the first picture to be taken care of by the council or property management, as it doesn't seem to be within your fence.

its our land, its on our deeds.

We just cant do much to it while they are still selling houses on the development. had to sign a contract when we bought the house.

Soldato
ive a 40 volt qualcast got it from argos (i posted it in gd items ive purchased thread ,just going to work so cant find) its awesome .ive about 150 ft plus but not too wide lawn and it does it fine..
think 20 mins is about max though but it will recharge in about an hour. its so light it feels like a toy but performs better than my old petrol that was constantly breaking down.
3 yr warranty also ,shure it was about £180 for 40v model

Soldato
:confused:

Finally someone has solved all boundary disputes and land ownership disagreements...turns out it's all defined by fences!
;)

If I was passing that, I'd have never guessed it was someone's garden because it doesn't seem enclosed within the property. Would you let young children play in a garden next to a road with no boundaries? I'm not sure I would.

Soldato
Interesting. Once all properties are sold, would you then be able to fence that boundary and effectively create a lower tier garden? It looks quite sizeable compared to space at the rear in the images.

Soldato
yes so heres the 40v qualcast i mentioned in the top bit of main garden ,managed to get a mow in between showers ,got a mulch thingy on instead of the grass box ,dont know what you guys do but if its not too long i dont use grass box .

3r58l.jpg

Soldato
We have a Bosch Rotak, had a petrol lawnmower previously, believe its the Rotak 32 we have and its been great for the 2-3 years of owning it, the battery is easy to take out and charge and we can mow our lawn 2-3 times, perhaps more without needing to recharge it.

Soldato
;)

If I was passing that, I'd have never guessed it was someone's garden because it doesn't seem enclosed within the property. Would you let young children play in a garden next to a road with no boundaries? I'm not sure I would.
I'm wondering how many other homeowners on the estate will lay claim to that land (wouldn't put it past developers to say everyone ones it, as other people have said its very unusual to own land like that, especially of that size.

Associate
We've been using an EGO LM2102E-SP for several years, which now has a slightly updated version: https://egopowerplus.co.uk/products/mowers/lm2122e-sp-52cm-self-propelled-mower

It's 56v volt and has variable speed self propelled to make use effortless. It's expensive but the quality and design justifies the cost IMO (and that comes from someone who has used everything from DIY electric to all wheel drive commercial grade machines with 2.5m cutting width)

I'll never go back to mains or petrol/diesel for anything under 750 square metres.

Caporegime
A decent mulch feature is a revelation. Definitely worth getting. I very rarely use the grass box any more (only if it’s got really long). Mulching saves all the hassle of dealing with grass clippings and helps the grass by returning the nutrients to the soil.

Back
Top Bottom