*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Picked up this old girl a couple of weeks back:

48037294073_298307c553_b.jpg

27k on the clock, tidy enough, but I'll be putting some work into it, prior to taking the Misses out on the back.

Got a cheap end can to go on; annoyingly though, I need a link pipe (as you have to chop off the OEM can) and have yet to find one for sale :( Front brakes are shocking, so I'll rebuild the calipers and replace the lines, the rear is good enough, other than that a bit of oil on the cables to [hopefully] ease the stiff clutch and throttle opening.

It's actually really enjoyable to ride, I can see why so many people used to get them as their first bike - it's got enough poke and handles well enough, though it's quite a sporty riding position - though that is coming from the RS with bar risers on it :D

Soldato
Buy a cheap 1-2k bike, anything is better the nothing. I’ll look forward to future posts to see what you get next :p
S1000RR is a big possibility as well as a Tuono factory.

Biggest fear with the Aprilia is no main dealer within 55 miles, would be a chore with servicing etc if I wanted to keep everything original.

We'll see... :)

Soldato
Being an Aprilia meet, I assume that only half of those attending actually made it? :p

LOL!!! No breakdowns m8, nope! For a moody Italian, Ape's are pretty damn reliable compared to some marques! On a recent group ride of the NC500 a month ago, out of all the bikes there including Aprilias and a Ducati Multistrada it was a Honda Fireblade which broke down and spat the dummy! :p

Soldato
LOL!!! No breakdowns m8, nope! For a moody Italian, Ape's are pretty damn reliable compared to some marques! On a recent group ride of the NC500 a month ago, out of all the bikes there including Aprilias and a Ducati Multistrada it was a Honda Fireblade which broke down and spat the dummy! :p

Well colour me shocked :eek: lol! :p

Back
Top Bottom