Tom Hardy to Star in 'Venom'

Caporegime
This has performed far better box office than I was expecting. Enough for Sony to start building up their Spidey-verse again....Not sure that's a great thing though based on how they handled 'The Amazing Spider-man'

I mean it would be good to see Venom in an actual MCU movie in future though and Hardy is a good actor but Sony's track record for this sort of thing isn't great.

Soldato
Finally got to see this on the big screen surprised that it wasn't a empty showing either a month later, Enjoyable for the most part. Tom Hardy did a good job at portraying having a voice in his head, Action scenes were good apart from the last 10 minutes where it strayed into too much shaky cam CGI and I was struggling to work out who was who.

CGI people must have had fun rendering the female vemon for all of 20 seconds on screen, dat ass :eek:

Soldato
Saw this a couple of days ago. Thought it was pretty enjoyable, but hardly life changing, but then what comic book film is? The CGI was poor and Tom Hardy seemed to give up his accent at times, whatever it actually was in the first place... :D
Had a few funny moments, but feel as though it was a wasted opportunity all in all.

Woody Harrelson rushed into a room and given the first wig to hand too by the looks of it... :D Made me laugh.

Soldato
Just watched it, thought it was a fantastic film, a bit slow to start but great once it
Got going.

The critics reviews are comical, anything that isnt female/minority oriented just gets a bum review, whereas a film like black panther (pure detritus) gets good
Ratings from the critics for its virtue signalling points

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I enjoyed it, a lot darker than I was expecting but otherwise a solid film.

Anything is better than the terrible Spider-Man 3 Venom :p

Soldato
I thought it was okay but not great, probably a 6/10 from me. The script was a bit odd at times (apparently Hardy lost his temper on the set because of weird lines), Michelle Williams was a poor casting choice as his fiance, she and Hardy had no chemistry and I thought she looked a bit awkward during certain scenes, particularly the early ones. Riz Ahmed did his best, but again the script did him no favours. Marvel have done a great job in recent films making you understand and sometimes sympathise with the villain(s), there wasn't any of that in Venom, he was just an old-school 'this guy is so evil you must hate him' type of villain.

Caporegime
Good point, people like Zemo in Civil War, The Vulture in Homecoming all had fairly good reasons....and obviously Thanos some people were sympathetic with!

Riz Ahmed didn't have a good backstory.

Soldato
Good point, people like Zemo in Civil War, The Vulture in Homecoming all had fairly good reasons....and obviously Thanos some people were sympathetic with!

Riz Ahmed didn't have a good backstory.

Also Killmonger in Black Panther. He had a legitimate claim to the Wakandan throne and his dad was killed, leaving him an orphan.

Soldato
Watching it this evening. Well worth a rental, good solid action movie...nice change from the MCU which has got so tired now it's almost a parody of itself....although I was a bit disappointed it reverted to the boss fight trope at the end.

Back
Top Bottom