Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Associate
It's absolute carnage at times, bits of bodies strewn all over the place, really enjoying the game play and I love the suppression effect, it really does work. And its beautiful, especially Sainte-Marie-du-Mont!!!
Comms are a bit hit or miss which i hope doesn't kill the game, i did find an RIP server which was a lot better. It does need some sort of transport added but the levels are not huge so running from point to point didn't keep me away from the action for long. It's very much in a playable state and i can only see it getting better.

Associate
I dropped in on a game for the first time since the closed Alpha, I only meant to see how its progressed for literally 5 minutes of game play. Almost 2 hours later the round ended after one of the most intense gaming sessions ever. I was lucky, I joined a squad that worked their comms very well, a SL who placed OP's and Garrisons at the right places (hidden from view but close to the action). My mic wasn't working though (according to the squad) which made things a little difficult for them and me. But at the end of the game our squad topped the board on attacking and defensive points (we also won the game). Simply this game is awesome with a good squad - seriously good fun; without I think it can be very frustrating.

Soldato
Just gave it a quick blast, really like that it sits right in the sweet spot between red orchestra and post scriptum. Matches are long enough to get into without taking up all afternoon, theres more choice of weapons than post scriptum and although its a bit of a running simulator its nowhere near as bad as I expected.

I dont usually use my mic too much outside of discord but apart from needing it in a tank i could do without as long as I wasnt a squad leader. I wanted to go sniper for some lone wolf playing just to get a feel of it but couldnt as theres only 2 slots.

While I think thats a good thing because you dont want to flood a server with snipers, the matches being that length means I'd never get a go in a whole evening of gaming if I wasn't quick enough to get the role. I like rising storm for that reason that if I dont get the role I want, 15-20 mins later i get another chance.

All around something I will definitely be happy sinking a few hours into

Soldato
Keep hearing good things about this, so i think ill be buying later on. Been craving a decent ww2 shooter since Red Orchestra. Battlefield 5 was awful.

I definitely wouldnt call it a shooter tbh, after 2 hours now im hovering over the refund button.

Its all good, but the movement is doing my head in, still havent really been able to have a go on any of the classes I want and the directional sound is a bit all over the place.

Also people havent twigged you can set the friendly tags to visible at 500m, its set to 50 by default so ive been endlessly teamkilled for the last hour

Caporegime
Well that was a long game, trying to figure out controls for a sherman, fired a round and must have taken out about 6 friendlies for a kick. :o

Caporegime
As i said before, increase your friendly tags to 3-400m, stops that happening. Everyone looks the same at about 50m+

Wasn't even that, i was in the spawn area, messing with the controls and i fired a round off into a group heading out. The hold button to switch seats, reload, fire etc will take a while to get used to :o

Soldato
Wasn't even that, i was in the spawn area, messing with the controls and i fired a round off into a group heading out. The hold button to switch seats, reload, fire etc will take a while to get used to :o

Oh dear! I ended up refunding anyway. Look forward to how it develops in the future but at the moment its not offering me a reason to play over post scriptum or rising storm 2

Soldato
I originally backed this on Kickstarter, but haven't really got involved with many of the play tests. Decided to give it a play on Saturday. Unfortunately, I appear to be suffering very badly from input lag; the mouse feels floaty and imprecise with a slight delay. I disabled full screen optimisations which made it feel a little better, but it's still not great. Unfortunately that renders it unplayable for me - a game like this is hard enough without having to contest with input lag as well. I persevered for about 20 minutes, but then I rage quit.

Seems to be a recurring theme with Unreal Engine 4 games - Squad and Insurgency:SS, the mouse always felt a bit weird until I mucked around with mouth smoothing settings in the .ini, and I've read similar things about lots of other UE4 engined games. Rising Storm 2 (UE3 I think) feels perfect though. Don't know if I'm the only one suffering in HLL, but if I can't remedy it, then it's going to be hard to put any more time into the game :(

I should add that I did try and give the game another go late on Saturday...and then couldn't join any servers. Every single game I tried to connect to, I got kicked due to "Host closed the connection". Think Steam authentication was on the blink. I went and played Squad instead.

Associate
I originally backed this on Kickstarter, but haven't really got involved with many of the play tests. Decided to give it a play on Saturday. Unfortunately, I appear to be suffering very badly from input lag; the mouse feels floaty and imprecise with a slight delay. I disabled full screen optimisations which made it feel a little better, but it's still not great. Unfortunately that renders it unplayable for me - a game like this is hard enough without having to contest with input lag as well. I persevered for about 20 minutes, but then I rage quit.

Seems to be a recurring theme with Unreal Engine 4 games - Squad and Insurgency:SS, the mouse always felt a bit weird until I mucked around with mouth smoothing settings in the .ini, and I've read similar things about lots of other UE4 engined games. Rising Storm 2 (UE3 I think) feels perfect though. Don't know if I'm the only one suffering in HLL, but if I can't remedy it, then it's going to be hard to put any more time into the game :(

I should add that I did try and give the game another go late on Saturday...and then couldn't join any servers. Every single game I tried to connect to, I got kicked due to "Host closed the connection". Think Steam authentication was on the blink. I went and played Squad instead.

I had the same issue when i started playing. I felt the aim as you said felt floaty and really hard to especially from distance get a decent shot. I thought it was due to me being awful at games and abit of a noob ha.

So this is an actual issue then? I thought it was quite promising when i read the game will be in early access for at least a year to work on.

Is this floaty aim fixable? Im sure they must know about it.

Soldato
I had the same issue when i started playing. I felt the aim as you said felt floaty and really hard to especially from distance get a decent shot. I thought it was due to me being awful at games and abit of a noob ha.

So this is an actual issue then? I thought it was quite promising when i read the game will be in early access for at least a year to work on.

Is this floaty aim fixable? Im sure they must know about it.

It feels like when you have Mouse Smoothing enabled...but it's off in the controls menu.
But I remember doing a bit of reading and found this reddit thread befoe, has lots of information on UE4 engined games and mouse smoothing. It sometimes seems as though mouse smoothing is being re-enabled each time the game starts. Have a read if you're interested...I'm going to do a bit of investigation of the .ini files later, see if I can improve the feel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGR...ow_to_actually_disable_mouse_smoothing_it_is/

Back
Top Bottom