BMW demand full payment of modified M4 on finance

Caporegime
Better than my D5, 130ish eventually, so slow above 100 :( Fiat goes well off the 160 clock though....

I have this bad habit of having to find out the top speed of a car that I buy... So naturally I drive over to Germany whenever I get a new one. :p

Volvo does 160+, Red Corolla would do 145, Grey Corolla and Celica did about 140, The E30 does 135, all three MX5's ran out of puff at about 115, the Skoda would do about 110, and the Polo ran out of puff at about 95. :p

Soldato
Lets just say that I know my S60 T5 goes off the clock. But I only did that once and it didn't take very long to get there either. :o
That suprises me with not a lot of power. Unfortunatly my current car can't do more than 155. Wish i'd taken the 911 a bit higher, only got that to 120ish (in 4th:eek:).

Caporegime
You were doing an indicated 160 which in reality is more like 130-140MPH.

Jesus, do you think my speedo works on guesswork and luck? :p

It was an indicated 165+ which is probably about a GPS 155, which makes sense because the internet says the top speed is 155, and it hit a limiter.

With the limiter removed I have no doubt it could do a GPS 165+ with a nice long bit of tarmac!

The power to weight ratio is the same as a new Golf R, and they have a top speed of 168MPH with the limiter removed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I put my old rover turbo off the clocks once.. pretty sure it wasn't the actual speed I was going though. probably more like 140mph. I don't bother with top speed anymore, way to easy to have a major incident. Fastest I've been in years is 100mph lol!

Associate
Don't know if anyone watched the update but he now owns the M4 outright, apparently some "strings were pulled" and he paid it off in full and now he owns it. I wonder if he's secretly a Lannister that poops gold, if not i need to find out how to get that sorta capital in such a short time!

Associate
The most amusing thing about it is that he said he was set on selling the car, but then because of all the haters he decided to keep the car to annoy them... Interesting approach.

Back
Top Bottom