Underground Station Car Park Fines

Soldato
Yes I know it will be a case of waiting to see if anything turns up but ...... :)

Whilst out today I thought I could park short term in a London Underground station car park, pulled in, parked up then went to the machine, no details on charges or duration so I went out along the entrance to see if there was anything about charges, nothing. So came back into the car, again looked at the machine, then noticed a sign on the other side so went over to read it. Sign stated single charge for a day, so a fixed daily charge, underneath which was another sign about the terms and conditions and the mention of ANPR cameras etc.. at which point I thought crap, got in my car and drove out.

Have to admit that this did take 3-5 mins, can't really be sure as initially I couldn't find the sign for the costs. From other peoples experience do you think that I'll receive a demand for parking up and then leaving without paying, worst thing is that I then couldn't promptly exit the car park due to pedestrians and traffic so was also stuck at the exit for what felt like an eternity. I assume that the fines are operated by a third party using simple binary logic?

Soldato
Ring them up to pre-empt any issue and give your side ? ... that's what I did when I had to return to a parking inside the regulation 3hours, looking for lost keys

Associate
Just got a PCN for a London Underground car park :( I usually pay by the app when waiting on the platform but ran for the train and forgot. My own fault, fine paid.

Good luck OP, hopefully the system wasn't working that day!

Back
Top Bottom