Virgin blocking all IPTV?

Associate
I use an IPTV service, and I'm aware of isp's blocking IPTV during football matches, bit mine appears to be blocked 24/7...

Can anyone confirm virgin is blocking all IPTV traffic now? It works fine through a VPN, but often the bandwidth isn't sufficient and it buffers heavily.

Soldato
I use an IPTV service, and I'm aware of isp's blocking IPTV during football matches, bit mine appears to be blocked 24/7...

Can anyone confirm virgin is blocking all IPTV traffic now? It works fine through a VPN, but often the bandwidth isn't sufficient and it buffers heavily.

No idea on Virgin blocking it but ISPs are being forced to go that way. I use NordVPN, some very good deals if you buy 3 years worth. Never had a problem with bandwidth but I do have to change the server I connect to from time to time for torrents. They have a section on their website where you can find quiet lines for which ever service you are trying to use.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm virgin is blocking all IPTV traffic now?
do you mean the likes of netflix/prime/nowtv ? ... what is an example ? doesn't seem surprising if they are blocking non-kosher iptv sources from abroad;

I don't know what their terms of service say, but if you obtained ping statistics data for a legitimate site and submitted it to them ?
that was my evidence based approach when with virgin media for poor bandwidth issues.

Presumably even VPN companies can choose to limit bandwidth on some sites their customers use - that prevents me signing up for a 3year deal say,
no point in having HBO usa access via VPN, if service drops-off; given the tv adverts they now have, would be interesting to know Nord's customer base.

also saw BT have a new scam
SP BT Launch Stay Fast Guarantee for Home Broadband Customers. ... However, if BT has not managed to get a customer's broadband speeds “back to where they should be” after 30 days of a fault being identified, the user will instead become eligible to receive £20 back, up to 4 times a year.

Associate
OP
VPN solves the issue, and I have a lifetime account through VPNUnlimitedApp, which is pretty decent.

I'll check out the parental controls, sounds like a longshot, but plausible!

My contract is due next month I think, I haven't been overly impressed with either the connection or Router, so will be looking into other options.

Back
Top Bottom