BMW demand full payment of modified M4 on finance

Soldato
Noticed a lot of cars recently with front plates similar to this M4 - grey rather than white - presume this is some sort of anti-reflective coating to blank out the plate from front facing cameras?

Soldato
Noticed a lot of cars recently with front plates similar to this M4 - grey rather than white - presume this is some sort of anti-reflective coating to blank out the plate from front facing cameras?
Nope literally just a tint to blend the plate in with the dark colour of the car.

Soldato
Traffic cops are an endangered species. We rely on cameras to police the roads now and they aren't going to stop people using illegal plates (or no front plate at all, which also seems common now). So basically no one gives a **** except the MOT engineer.

Soldato
Was driving my dad's 996 turbo yesterday and it hits 90 in 3rd, the gearing is ridiculously long in them :D
Ironically it was actually a 9996 turbo I used to own. Was incredibly fast and that was stock. It's funny when people get close if you are doing nsl and you can just boot it and see them shrink in the rear view mirror. I think the top speed was meant to be 180. Not sure how long it'd take though as its about 10s to 100. Probably need a fair bit of road, although it's a bit more aerodynamic than my current m3 (benefit of no engine at the front). Also thinking back, I'm sure it would do 75-80 in second. I can't have been redlining it when I did my test, the problem is the roads have too much traffic ti safely do above 100.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Good for him. F the haters!

Still embarrassing he didn’t know he couldn’t mod a rental, but hey; everyone learns every day. Bank loans FTW.

Soldato
He won't have owned the full amount though surely (unless he has just bought the car). He will of paid some of it off. Bet he doesn't declare his youtube income either:p.

Soldato
He won't have owned the full amount though surely (unless he has just bought the car). He will of paid some of it off. Bet he doesn't declare his youtube income either:p.

It will all come back to bite later on. Especially now he being noticed more. Someone is more likely to investigate him.

Man of Honour
Fully paid off my back side. How does someone who makes below average wage on YouTube is able to pay off 50 grands worth of car.

He drops a lot of hints in the video as to what is going on behind the scenes - talking about selling it in a year, etc. and contradicting himself a few times (seemed to be a little bit of hoping a fan would buy it at an inflated price) I suspect he has taken out a loan to pay off the finance :s

Was driving my dad's 996 turbo yesterday and it hits 90 in 3rd, the gearing is ridiculously long in them :D

Reminds me of a time at a friends house who owned one of the main competitors to the Subaru WRX at the time I think it was a Mitsubishi Evo but not 100% now - conversation got around to performance and his son (who wasn't old enough to drive) pipes up "oh yeah it does 70mph in 1st gear" then goes bright red - apparently had been driving it up and down the neighbourhood.

Last edited:
Soldato
He drops a lot of hints in the video as to what is going on behind the scenes - talking about selling it in a year, etc. and contradicting himself a few times (seemed to be a little bit of hoping a fan would buy it at an inflated price) I suspect he has taken out a loan to pay off the finance :s

He also said he has been contacted by others in the same position ; BMW finance would repossess the car and sell it at auction and aggressively come after him for the balance.

Back
Top Bottom