Dark Phoenix (2019)

Soldato
Well thank goodness Disney bought Fox; if only to stop Fox (as they were) making any more terrible X-Men films. Maybe one day, Marvel will do something good with the characters that they now have access to.

Soldato
From what I've seen in reviews, it's almost like no-one gave a crap about the film, from the studio exec's all the down to the little old tea-lady on set.

The whole movie is almost like an made for TV special.

Last bit of cash grab before it all goes to Disney/Marvel. It probably wouldn't even have got made if they didn't have Jennifer Lawrence's name to put all over the publicity.

Caporegime
I liked the fights tbh but everything else was pretty sub-par, I laughed out loud when she dragged him up the stairs.
Sophie Turner is so bad..... Laying there, being bad, standing there, being wooden and bad.
None of the xmen are useful.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I quite liked it! :D

Just got home from watching it and while it had it's problems I have to say I enjoyed it for the most part!

It was certainly better than Apocalypse - by a country mile imo!

I'd agree that the part of Jean really doesn't suit Sophie Turner and the baddies were never really explained but the action scenes, especially on the train, were cracking!

Shame Quicksilver was basically a prop but other than that it wasn't bad at all!

Caporegime
I hope that's the first and the last movie I have to watch with Sophie in it.

Hopefully because GoT ended so poorly, their actors will now be tainted. Maybe another year of prebookings for jobs.

Oh god she's got two more movies on the cards, both of which sound absolutely awful anyway so....

Last edited:
Associate
Huh, didn't realise this until a friend pointed it out but going back my earlier "let's redo the last stand but worse" comment. This is written and directed by one of the writers of the last stand.

So how the **** do you do the same story twice and still make it terrible?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Same I thought it was quite enjoyable. Not where near Marvel but better than the last few attempts. Sophie was passable much better than Famke Jannsen. Jennifer Lawrence was a bit wooden and lack luster did she not say she didn't really want to do it?

Caporegime
Seems like this movie is tanking pretty hard, took $14mill on its opening weekend.

I mean that’s pretty bad to be honest for a movie that’s cost $200mill at least.

Big mistake casting Sansa aka Sophie Turner as a lead, she was absolutely dire on GOT and this just proves what a terrible actress she is all round.

I saw it last night myself with the missus and we thought it was ok, could have been better and both concluded that Sophie is a pretty bad actress.

Soldato
Did you not see Endgame?
I dunno about you or him, but I only noticed my own eye rolling when that happened.
Then again, the packed showing I went to was 3hrs of goons chewing with their mouths open, finding EVERYTHING beyond hilarious, sobbing at the sad bits and then applause at the end like the cast and crew were there to hear them.

Back
Top Bottom