BMW and M Power Owners

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Business Nav

3o0n.gif

Soldato
Yah I don’t think it’s got anything much above the base spec which is not too bad.

Would be nice to retrofit the camera. The only thing I feel I would have liked to have is the bigger screen for the nav

Soldato
Hahaha :D

Did you enquire after that 6 at all?

Called but no answer and it’s going to be used travel 120miles per day so thought this was probably the more sensible choice.

To retrofit the nav do I just change the screen or do I need to change other parts also ? If it’s just the screen and head-unit I may just do it.

Associate
The seach for the misfire continues.
After eventually getting BMW INPA to work I've managed to get a recording of the display and chuck it on YouTube.

Don't know how reliable it is as it chucks an error up on 1 or 2 of the menus, possibly from failing to read a sensor, who knows.
All cylinders seem erratic but whether its reading properly as it displays 10 cylinders but has readings on the chart for 8.
Going off the way that no cylinder is worse than the other, my Initial suspicions could be something like a MAP sensor or low fuel pressure sensor, rather than an individual coil, plug or injector.
In one part there are readings for cylinders 6, 7 and 8 that are a bit off but it could be faulty readings as it has 9 and 10 showing too.

Last edited:
Soldato
so I had a brown trousers moment today, I was driving at about 60mph on the M11 in the train and the car aquaplaned, I will have a better look tomorrow but I think I need new tyres.

So what's the best going these days
conti 6, super sport ? or something else

Soldato
Congrats, looking forward for some pics :D
Took ownership on Saturday. Moving from a convertible sports car to this is quite a shift, so I'm still trying to get used to not doing my own gears or having as much raw feeling of what's going on. Even though it's a 2 series I feel like I'm driving a barge. However, the modern features and functions are very welcome, the gearbox is lovely and it sounds fantastic. I'm very much enjoying all of my new modes.

Associate
Took ownership on Saturday. Moving from a convertible sports car to this is quite a shift, so I'm still trying to get used to not doing my own gears or having as much raw feeling of what's going on. Even though it's a 2 series I feel like I'm driving a barge. However, the modern features and functions are very welcome, the gearbox is lovely and it sounds fantastic. I'm very much enjoying all of my new modes.
Looking good! Like the colour!

I'm the opposite, been driving hatchbacks and saloons for the last 8 years, and now getting used to everything being so raw.

Just remembered I hadn't posted any photos of my Z4.
As soon as I got it home weekend before last.
OTWJkxe.jpg

After an exterior wash and interior clean.
aWX3Mhx.jpg

APkohUt.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers! Must admit I was trying to get a black one, but then I did prefer the black grills which wouldn't have stood out. Got a few cosmetic tweaks planned, firstly the grey wing mirrors need to be darker. Then I'll consider some M performance parts, not really bothered about the front splitter or side skirts but the diffuser looks nice.

Just remembered I hadn't posted any photos of my Z4.
As soon as I got it home weekend before last.
OTWJkxe.jpg
Where's the front? :p Love those wheels, how's the folding tin top? I find it interesting that the new one has gone back to fabric.

Associate
Cheers! Must admit I was trying to get a black one, but then I did prefer the black grills which wouldn't have stood out. Got a few cosmetic tweaks planned, firstly the grey wing mirrors need to be darker. Then I'll consider some M performance parts, not really bothered about the front splitter or side skirts but the diffuser looks nice.

Where's the front? :p Love those wheels, how's the folding tin top? I find it interesting that the new one has gone back to fabric.

Car was parked too close to the bins post wash, so didn't get any decent photos :p

It is very good indeed. Quick to go up/down, and feels very civilised with it up.

Even with it down though, up to 70mph you can converse relatively easily without having to raise your voice above normal levels, so all in all pleased.

The wheels they had to change, as the ones fitted were non-BMW and one of them was cracked, so couldn't simply fit one wheel. So got 4 new wheels. :D

Back
Top Bottom