Poll: Canadian Grand Prix 2019, Montréal - Race 7/21

Rate the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Hahahaha. Vettel cracking under pressure again. Vettel using dirty driving to try and make up for his mistakes again. Vettel acting like a childish brat again.

Classic Vettel.

Dollar store Schumacher.

Man of Honour
10/10 for me. Delivered.

Vettel went off, rejoined a left hand bend with left lock on then turned right, back end remained planted throughout. Its pretty clear for all to see and pretty obvious the FIA telemetry shows the same.

Appalling commentary.

Caporegime
My point was in respect of multiple posters talking about how cutting the track isnt racing and should be penalised (putting aside the avoiding collision point as I'm largely on the fence with regards this specific incident). The fact as with most things in this sport is there is zero consistency.

They are two hugely different situations.

In your video, had the car gone off track, and come back on forcing another to take evasive action, to avoid a collision it would be more similar, and would possibly have been treated similarly.

If a car goes off track to a large extent and rejoins without loosing a place, thus gaining an advantage and again not causing the other driver to take evasive action more often than not they have to give up the place.

Seb caused Lewis to slow down to avoid a collision,, hence a stronger penalty, fully deserved.

Soldato
Vettel made an error due to pressure from Hamilton.

Thanks to Hamiltons reactions a collision was avoided, potentially resulting in 2 DNF's.

Yeah the passion is high. I understand the anger. But the bottom line remains this is a world class field, and small errors can mean the difference between winnning and losing.

Out of all people, Seb should know that and know whats at stake.

Hamilton made more mistakes today than Vettel. He was in the faster car yet threw away chances to win on the road a couple of times at the hairpin.

Also.

Vettek was 5 seconds ahead when Hamitlon did his pit stop. Why did he let Hamilton gain such a big gap in the first place?
Mercedes were much quicker on hard tyres all weekend. Closing the gap was expected when they switched.

Soldato
The same LH who got a punishment from Stewart then came out saying its because hes black.

or is it LH who threatened Mercedes team to walk because NR was beating him and he didn't like it accusing them of favoring NR

I can go on and on with many others.

Go on then, humour me.

Soldato
This is why Indycar has become the better motorsport to watch. F1 is the technical pinnacle, but at everything else (everything that matter to us purists) Indycar is better.

Pleased we've got good coverage in the UK again now.

Ok...

What the hell was he rambling on about there?!
The Villeneuve/Arnoux at Dijon days. When the penalties for "offences" such as today would have added up to seeing both drivers lapped.

Soldato
i think vettel could have avoided doing what he did, as soon as he hit the tarmac he hit the throttle so was in control of the car, he could have left it a fraction of a second and kept left but would have lost the position.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
i think vettel could have avoided doing what he did, as soon as he hit the tarmac he hit the throttle so was in control of the car, he could have left it a fraction of a second and kept left but would have lost the position.
Well obviously. Get back on the track, give up the position and fight for the lead again. But this is Vettel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom