Surely this is a stupid thing to do?

Caporegime
He only braked when he was level with the limo behind the hearse. I'm not complaining about the braking, I understand why he halfed his speed, I'm wondering if other people would do the same thing as it's s dual carriageway.

Doesn't matter though because you're all clearly perfect drivers :D

Try watching your own video for a start.

The other cars brake lights come on at 13 seconds into the clip, he becomes level with the limo at 23 seconds, so he started braking a full ten seconds before getting to the limo, I would have said that was perfectly reasonable behavior and not in any way "slamming on his brakes"

Secondly once you had passed the vehicle at the start of the clip you carried on for well over 10 to 12 seconds in the right hand lane when you should have been in the left hand lane as there was nothing there preventing you from moving over as any normal considerate driver would have done.

And finally yes I would have done the same thing, I always slow and show respect when passing a hearse in convoy with limo's obviously traveling slowly as you know they are on a job so to speak.

A hearse on their own is a different matter, as I have often been passed by them on dual carriageways or motorways when not on a job.

Soldato
He only braked when he was level with the limo behind the hearse. I'm not complaining about the braking, I understand why he halfed his speed, I'm wondering if other people would do the same thing as it's s dual carriageway.

Doesn't matter though because you're all clearly perfect drivers :D

Would I brake in a reasonably calm way to reduce my speed to go past a hearse? Yes, yes I would.

He only braked when he was level with the limo behind the hearse.

He braked WELL before being level with the limo

Soldato
OP, nothing at all wrong with that.

First off it looks like the road changes a little further up with them yellow lines, small junction.

Plus there is a tractor in the right lane going about 20mph, a car could pull out out to overtake, so the car in front did the correct thing in slowing down.

Soldato
The speed limit is the speed limit, it doesn't decrease in proximity of hearses. People shouldn't put their brakes on unless they need to.

I don't think it's disrespectful to fly by. At my funeral I want cars as fast and loud as possible :D

Back
Top Bottom