New GPU and cooler update

Associate
Planning on a Ryzen3000 build, but in the meantime I updated my existing rig from a 1070 to a 1080Ti and installed new Alphacool 360 cooler in the old Corsair case to test it.

unkvoqQ.jpg

Not done fair comparison tests with the outgoing H100i, and fan rotation is incorrect but temps were immediatly lower and the fans quierter. Saw 84c on the Corsair, but seen 50-60c only freshly pasted GC-3 in open case
biGoVBK

Last edited:
Associate
One thing I would advise is using a heatsink for the M.2 as won't be any fan pointed at it when (just if) you change the rear and top to exhaust . Mine was hitting up to 70C during game, now stays at 45C.

Associate
OP
One thing I would advise is using a heatsink for the M.2 as won't be any fan pointed at it when (just if) you change the rear and top to exhaust . Mine was hitting up to 70C during game, now stays at 45C.

Thanks - I had not thought of that, will have to monitor the temps.

The motherboard sacrifies 2 sata ports to use the m2 slot, so its not pushing the M2 anywhere near its capabilities... my old razer blade 14" (2016) died, so re-purposed the m2 drive.

Will include this in my new build (until such a time as the new pci4.0 ssds are affordable!)

Back
Top Bottom