PC won’t power on but mobo has power

koc

koc

Associate
Hi,
I had the same issue, all mobo lights on but pc wont startup,
so i tried another power supply (have it from my previous sys), and my pc boot up normal and everything fine.
Hope this help .

Soldato
OP
Hi,
I had the same issue, all mobo lights on but pc wont startup,
so i tried another power supply (have it from my previous sys), and my pc boot up normal and everything fine.
Hope this help .

Cheers mate, I did the same and seems to be the cause! PSU should arrive back at OcUK today so hopefully they get one back quickly :)

I would guess is the PSU.
Did you experienced random crashes recently?
Both my OCZ and Thermaltake gave me very nice BSOD before dying.

No everything’s been fine, just came home from work last week and was dead :(

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Most likely its a PSU problem, try switching it out with one you know that works for sure and go from there.

Soldato
OP
Can confirm with a new PSU from members market this seems to have fixed the problem!

BeQuiet! PSU has gone back to Germany via OcUK for RMA so we'll see how long that takes! :(

Would a Superflower Leadex Gold 750w be ok with the 2700X and Vega 64? Everythings running at stock atm

Soldato
Would a Superflower Leadex Gold 750w be ok with the 2700X and Vega 64? Everythings running at stock atm
Quality 750W PSU is easily enough.
But for buying new PSU SuperFlower isn't the best choise if your interested in good warranty.
IIRC SuperFlower has 7 year warranty and who knows how RMA would go.
Superflower's website is pretty impervious for getting any info about support.

I think you now consider long warranty, and one which works without having PSU sent half way around the world and back as good thing.

Soldato
OP
Quality 750W PSU is easily enough.
But for buying new PSU SuperFlower isn't the best choise if your interested in good warranty.
IIRC SuperFlower has 7 year warranty and who knows how RMA would go.
Superflower's website is pretty impervious for getting any info about support.

I think you now consider long warranty, and one which works without having PSU sent half way around the world and back as good thing.

I picked up the above PSU on the MM while mines away for RMA and is installed and working, just wanted to check that I wasn’t risking blowing Uk the rest of my machine :)

Back
Top Bottom