Do OcUK have test chairs in the shop?

Man of Honour
I still haven't decided on my new chair, so I'm thinking it would be a good idea to sit in some to spur me into shaking the moths out of my wallet and spending some money for a change.

I could swing over to the OcUK shop this week and so I'm wondering if they have some chairs to try out. No point going if they don't, plenty of point if they do. In particular, I want to try a Noblechairs Hero. I want a chair that would serve as an office chair and as an armchair and the Hero seems to fit the bill well enough. I doubt if I'll persuade myself to spend that much if I haven't tried it and been adequately impressed. I've become quite averse to spending money, which is a large part of why I have some spare. I'd need to know that the armrests are enough for my pointy elbows :)

What I really want is a chair like the Hero but with a mesh back. My current chair is a Markus and I find the mesh back ideal (though the head rest isn't). I'm concerned that the lack of ventilation with a PU back will make it uncomfortable for spending long periods of time in it.

Associate
I was there just this afternoon and they have quite a few to try. The Noblechairs Icon, Hero and Epic were there and some other makes also but I went there specifically to try the Epic and I wasn't disappointed!
I'm pretty sure they had some Vertagear and Nitro Concepts to try out, not sure about others as I was busy trying to get a laptime in the racing cockpit lol.
I'm really impressed with the Noblechairs Epic, I have been asking questions here and there on these forums and had lots of advice but as you say, it's a lot of money, so nice to try them out for yourself.
The difference between the new chair and my old staples chair is uncomparable, the latter was hard as the foam had probably desintigrated over time, leaving me to get a numb @ss and legs going to sleep often lol.
Happy chair hunting!

Man of Honour
OP
Well, I dusted off my wallet and spent some money. Tried all the chairs in the shop and bought a Hero. Rather expensive, but I think it'll be worth it. The others were good, but the Hero was better for what I want. Those arm rests that look thin and hard in a picture are actually well padded and are even enough for my pointy elbows :) It'll work as a desk chair and an armchair and (with the pillow that comes with it) would also work as a bed. Seriously - tilt it back and it's large enough and comfortable enough to sleep in quite comfortably.

If anyone buys one, they might like to know that the box is large and weighs 33Kg. It's a big, sturdy chair.

I'm telling myself that it will save me money over time, in the manner of Commander Vimes' boots :)

Back
Top Bottom