Feek's Friday Beer, gin (and whatever you happen to be drinking on a Friday night) Thread

Commissario
OP
I know there's a mafia based ranking system on here but I believe they're also known as mods or moderators.
I don't blame you for mentioning Carling, Fosters and Carlsberg but there was a time where I work where you couldn't mention SKOL to the bosses.

Actually they’re known as Dons, that’s what the user title says :D

Oh Skol. I remember the adverts. “Skol. It’s the taste that makes you do it”. It was rank!

Don
I hope there are Dons on standby in this thread? Anyone who mentions Carling, Carlsberg or Fosters, please ban them for 7 days. I pigeon-hole those together as the 3 worst beers!

I'm glad that we're now in the era of craft beers and microbreweries. Brewdog has become very mainstream and I'm liking their beers e.g. Punk IPA and Mr. President DIPA. Also Sixpoint Brewery who makes Bengali Tiger and Resin.

Coors need adding to your list

Mr President DIPA is a weird one as I think it was a special just knocked up for Tesco, Jack Hammer is a much better one from BD, try these DIPA, much better

Neonraptor - I am Romulus / I am remus (2 different ones but extremely similar)

Black Iris - Circle of snakes

Can't type for toffee
Don
Yaar!

...snip...

A nice one if a little high on the ABV hahah :p
Lidl have these boxes in again at 11.99 well worth grabbing if you've not tried these

Excellent choice. :cool:

Today I've had myself a Delirium Tremens and a Brewdog Zombie Cake. I also had a couple of M&S fruit beers, but they weren't special enough to remember exactly what they were really.

I foudn those "flavoured" ebers from M&S realyl disappointing, the blood orange could've been so good.. tasted soapy to me
The earl grey IPA... no flavour at all
Just their standard laid back IPA ... meh indifferent

Zombie Cake any good?

Well seeing as you asked Mr Feek, I've poured myself this rather tasty porter....

Quite partial to porters and stouts as i struggle with the citrusy fruity ipa's.
I use this glass because having tried various shapes, BrewDog are spot on with this one (even if I don't order much from them anymore)
Yep, a little spice, some coffee, hints of chocolate.....cheers!

Oh Don't get m,e started on glasses, I think I need to buidl a bar just to store mine haaha xD

If you liked Festive Star haeva look for the stoner brewery one, Xocoveza .... Awesome

Coors need adding to your list

Mr President DIPA is a weird one as I think it was a special just knocked up for Tesco, Jack Hammer is a much better one from BD, try these DIPA, much better

Neonraptor - I am Romulus / I am remus (2 different ones but extremely similar)

Black Iris - Circle of snakes

Asda have a couple or large 400ml DIPA's in now both by Bad Brew Co, £2/£3 a can.
Well worth trying if you like DIPA's
Have you tried Resin?

Soldato
Asda have a couple or large 400ml DIPA's in now both by Bad Brew Co, £2/£3 a can.
Have you tried Resin?

Yeah I quite like those. Especially for such a cheap price. Their Milkshake IPA is decent too.

I had an amazing NEDIPA yesterday. Was a collaboration by Northern Monk and a few others. Only issue being it was 2pm and 8.7% and cost 7.80 for 2/3s!

Also looking forward to trying a sour DIPA that Squawk have done with Rivington. It’s coming on in a local soon.

@Rotty some of those cans look delicious.

Don
@Rotty some of those cans look delicious.

the 3 cans together re Tesco jobs, would you believe , 3 quid each

The Grapefruit NE, I don't really see it as a NE, just like a less citrus Elvis Juice, OK but not worth the money

The Luminance NEIPA is extremely good and worth every penny

Not tried the sour yet

The Romulus (one in pic on own) is exceptional, ought to be at £6-7 a can though :p bad bit it was limited and not much left now though local place had about half a dozen left last week

Don
Have you tried Resin?

I haven't, will give it a go

Bad Brew make a NE called Boston Tea party which Asda do, not the best in world but at 4 for 6 quid you cant complain

Do the others have those funny cans that **** you up when you open them? :p

Soldato
I've got these 2 to try tonight...

48034214097_f7a259c216_b_d.jpg

Can't type for toffee
Don

Bad Brew make a NE called Boston Tea party which Asda do, not the best in world but at 4 for 6 quid you cant complain

The ones where the can turns into a cup/glass by the whole top coming off yeah haha

The smaller bad Co ones are currently £1.25 in my local
But alas holiday over and back to work so drinking gets put on the back burner for a while.

For anyone in the north east, or anyone visiting ;) you have to try Rehill's in Jesmond.
One of the best beer shops I've even been in they do get some rarer and more expensive stuff as well

Can't type for toffee
Don

Aye the larger cans have that whole top come off malarkey.
The smaller Bad Brew ones are 1.25 in my local, agree with tea party not being owt fancy.

For anyone in the north east or visiting, you've gotta check out Rehill's in jesmond best beer shop I've ever been in!
They do get some of the rarer and more expensive stuff tho so it's easy top get carried away haha.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Zombie Cake is very nice, bit like a weaker version of Cocoa Psycho.

Xocoveza is on my list, just not been able to find it anywhere whenever I look.

@Bickaxe

Be Fast mate Beer52 have some in £3.69 a can which is pretty much what I've paid whenever it's oppped up in Rehill's.

their father's day box has just been ordered too haha.

https://www.beer52.com/FD2019

£24 quid delivered for 12 beers but theres a voucher int he box too for a monthly box :)
had some great stuff thru them, has certainly picked up from when I first used them.
Was actually where I first encountered Xocoveza haha

Back
Top Bottom