***E3 2019***

Soldato
What's up with everyones arms, it's doing my head in, this whole event is incredible, no wonder gaming is in the toilet, maybe we actually lost gamer gate?

Soldato
OP
And new PvP mode where you can play as demons vs Doom guy.

The only other highlights from the Bethesda show were from external devs; Deathloop from Arkane (Dishonored) looks intriguing, and Ghostwire: Tokyo from Tango Gameworks (Evil Within) has potential based on past work.

Lowlights? Bringing Commander Keen back as a ******* mobile game, and that one particularly obnoxious douche in the crowd.

Soldato
Yeah, is it wrong that I just assume that mobile games will be stuffed to the gills with pay2win microtransactions and as a result, balanced in such a way as to frustrate the player into parting with money?

I mean Shadow of War all but confirmed that developers do indeed balance the game to be frustrating to the point where you feel compelled to pay.

Soldato
And new PvP mode where you can play as demons vs Doom guy.

The only other highlights from the Bethesda show were from external devs; Deathloop from Arkane (Dishonored) looks intriguing, and Ghostwire: Tokyo from Tango Gameworks (Evil Within) has potential based on past work.

Lowlights? Bringing Commander Keen back as a ******* mobile game, and that one particularly obnoxious douche in the crowd.

That woman from Tango was sooo adorable :D Looks an interesting game but no in-game footage just the usual CG trailer.

Might stay up for the Devolver conference but getting rather tired and up in a few hours :(

Was expecting F76 to go F2P but nope, just a free play period.

Caporegime
Bethesda's show was even worse than i thought it could be... Todd literally only there to smooth over a PR nightmare of his creation, constantly making sure to scream "Free" about a game that has literally had nerf's to make way for a cash shop product, the zealous crowd (could honestly have been paid for i wouldn't even question it at this point) screaming at literally everything, even phone games...

**** me Bethesda literally has a cult now and they like being rogered. Literally have no hope left for the devs there and the fans are truly embarrassing, it's honestly like they've become a tumblr blog.

Microsoft was pretty good though, if not making it rather obvious with xCloud that the business is clearly going to be forced in that direction, so that's a bit scary, but then i'm not sure i care anymore about how it affects people when they eat it up so readily. The lack of Sony being there is probably why so many third party games were in MS's show though, mind you i'm looking forward to Infinite.

Anyway, PCG is likely to just be an shameless Epic Store advertisement, Ubisoft will be shoveling their single USP (swear they develop a single game multiple times and it seems to work...) and the only thing i'm interested in is FF7 Remake... too bad it's late as hell.

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
the bethesda crowd was full of paid pr staff i bet, reminded me very much of ms events of the past where they would have ms staffers all in tshirts cheering for everything. the ms show was a nice one, some interesting things, the xcloud (oh dear what a name) is streaming yet again and if it works great but like every other streaming service it will work very differently in the real world when you have isp's shaping traffic, bandwidth caps and also real world pings.

Back
Top Bottom