PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Associate
having trouble getting the xbox app from the store, just keeps saying there was an error and to refresh the page but just wont load:( anyone else had this?

Associate
How do they make money? Game creators, if their game is there on a service that costs £8? Instead of paying full price £40-50. Majority games you'll finish within a month and not come back anyway.

Associate
How do they make money? Game creators, if their game is there on a service that costs £8? Instead of paying full price £40-50. Majority games you'll finish within a month and not come back anyway.
my guess would be MS pay them a decent sum to have the game on there to make people want the service. guessing they pay more for the newer/bigger games and less for old ones? either way the devs are happy and MS make their money back easily

Soldato
What's to stop people subbing for a month when something they want comes out and then cancelling once finished, seems like a nice cheap rental service to me.

Man of Honour
What's to stop people subbing for a month when something they want comes out and then cancelling once finished, seems like a nice cheap rental service to me.

Nothing I guess, just noticed that Void ******** is on there too, a game which Ive had my eye on, Im more than happy to pay £1 to play that for a month.

Associate
yeah im on the latest update, im now having the same issue as somebody earlier. where its saying it cant install it where i want even though its selected as the destination. trying to figure out how to sort it out:(
Edit: sorted now and finally got games downloading :) annoyingly i only paid for a year of origin access yesterday :( lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-09-the-outer-worlds-get-october-release-date
The Outer Worlds is also a launch title on PC gamepass so you get this as well in October as soon as it launches. Shame the actual game looks less promising than it did now they have revealed a lot more gameplay though :(

Ooh , have you got a link to any? Outer Worlds is high on my list and I've not seen anything beyond that original trailer so wouldnt mind seeing some of the gameplay

EDIT : scratch that, found it :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Kind of weird this windows store, cant seem to see any way to see just the games I "own" via this GamePass thing. I can see a huge list of games, with the ones in the gamepass showing as Owned underneath but interestingly some games dont appear on the list, for example Void ******** and Metro Exodus arent on the list, however if you search specifically for them, they can be found and shown as being owned. Most peculiar

Soldato
Kind of weird this windows store, cant seem to see any way to see just the games I "own" via this GamePass thing. I can see a huge list of games, with the ones in the gamepass showing as Owned underneath but interestingly some games dont appear on the list, for example Void ******** and Metro Exodus arent on the list, however if you search specifically for them, they can be found and shown as being owned. Most peculiar
Download the Xbox beta app from the store.

Soldato
I thought void ******** was Consol pass only or has to now moved onto pc pass

Ignore checked pc list again, didn't notice initially having had a proper look so much on that list I've been wanting to buy now no need too! :)

Last edited:
Soldato

Not our problem, if they wasn't making money from it then they wouldn't signed up to be on the service.

We are just here to play the games not worry about the business decisions :)

Soldato
Not our problem, if they wasn't making money from it then they wouldn't signed up to be on the service.

We are just here to play the games not worry about the business decisions :)

Going to guess MS pay a license fee to the content creators and then make their money back on subs. Simple enough model, works for TV and movies.

Back
Top Bottom