• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
the RX cards are under valued, the 580 can run most if not all game at ultra setting 1080.
TBH I'm getting a little bored of the X GPU is better than Y GPU cos Avg's...

It's not that simple and simplifying it like that is literally fake news (sorry HWU you are fake news!!!). Buying the right card for usage is more important. For instance if you need RTX for one of the 3 games that use it, it becomes a selling point. If you play a lot of iRacing then GPU choice is only really a factor after CPU choice. Even then both camps give similar results with similar performance brackets...

It's not a straight X GPU beats Y GPU, it's always something to tailor to ones needs. However people do go overboard with 480p PUBG at times so yeah...

Soldato
"Real world gaming"? So take away competitive e-sports and similar stupid fps at potato resolutions then. And then Ryzen 2000 kinda already does ish? Because even if the 9900KS still tops the charts it's going to be such stupid money with such stupid cooling requirements it's not going to count as "real world gaming" either.

Is this Intel's "poor Volta" moment?
This. 1000x.

Ryzen 2000 already box intel in "real world gaming" i.e. new games at 1440p and 4k.

Only thing intel still have is the space invaders 500hz crown. Becoming more and more irrelevant.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Hmm interested to see if AMD respond to that Intel call out i read about, lets see who's best at gaming. Personally i wouldn't care if there was less than a few % in it, but we'll see.

if amd was on the ball they would be changing up todays event and have a overclocked 9900k setup there and run a few live tests, thats if the 3000 series performs as well as we all hope that is.

Associate
if amd was on the ball they would be changing up todays event and have a overclocked 9900k setup there and run a few live tests, thats if the 3000 series performs as well as we all hope that is.

The 9900k isn't going to be toppled so what's the point. I'm guessing AMD will be within 5-7% on average based on what we've actually seen so far.

Permabanned
I did read about the RX580 but never really found many laptops with it fitted.
I initially bought a Helios 300 with a 1050ti but cancelled it as could probably get something better for not much more soon hence asking if it was worth a wait to see what AMD might have.

There are the Asus GL702ZC.

I feel the pre-order for the Aqua will be done since doubting AMD going to change socket until DDR5/PCIe5 in 2021.
A 3900X/3950X will serve me well for all the amount of work need to do with it, considering the 8600K has survived for 20 months now :o

Who wants to put a bet that the 3700X/3800X going to be the new 2500Ks, that would keep soldiering the next 6-8 years?

If those 3700X/3800X were 12-core units, yes, but now no.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
The 9900k isn't going to be toppled so what's the point. I'm guessing AMD will be within 5-7% on average based on what we've actually seen so far.

serious question and not just because i hope its at least on par but how do you know ?

oh right none of us know for sure what will happen but as i said "performs as welll as we all HOPE"

Soldato
Lol. 95% of consumers watching E3 events don't even know what overclocking is. Let alone care about it.

That would be a terrible marketing move.

Back
Top Bottom