**GUNNAR EYEWEAR IN STOCK NOW!! - PROTECT YOUR EYES!!**

Associate
giphy.gif

GUNNAR Gaming & Computer Glasses arrive with us very soon! (Hopefully by the end of the week)

These are not a Gimmick as many people seem to think, they are tested and certified to reduce Eye strain and harmful artificial blue light. (Not only that, I own a pair and they do make a massive difference) Work for longer, game for longer all whilst protecting your eyes. The glasses themselves are rather stylish too, some are geared more towards an office environment and some are aimed more at the gamers amongst you (Yes there are Razer branded frames) but ultimately, they all do the same job.

GUNNAR offers the only patented computer lens technology solution, recommended by doctors, to protect and enhance your vision. Gunnar's custom and complete solution addresses and alleviates all common issues associated with digital eye strain, effects of artificial blue light, visual stress and fatigue.

For anyone requiring Prescription Lenses, you can go direct to GUNNAR and they can provide any of their frame styles with prescription Lenses.

We have 9 Different Frames coming in (All Listed Below) which gives us a decent selection for you to choose from.

Gunnar Optiks Enigma - Onyx Frame - Amber Lens @ £49.99 inc VAT

Onyx Coloured Frame, Amber Tinted Lenses Reduce Harmful Artificial Blue Light By 65%, Lens Width 57mm, Temple 132mm, Nose 19mm, Stylish & Lightweight, Ergonomically Designed

Only £49.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gunnar Optiks Intercept - Onyx Frame - Amber Lens @ £59.99 inc VAT

Onyx Coloured Frame, Amber Tinted Lenses Reduce Harmful Artificial Blue Light By 65%, Lens Width 59mm, Temple 132mm, Nose 18mm, Stylish & Lightweight, Ergonomically Designed

Only £59.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gunnar Optiks Maverick - Gunmetal Frame - Amber Lens @ £49.99 inc VAT

Gunmetal Frame, Amber Tinted Lenses Reduce Harmful Artificial Blue Light By 65%, Lens Width 57mm, Temple 135mm, Nose 14mm, Stylish & Lightweight, Ergonomically Designed, Classic Aviator Design

Only £49.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gunnar Optiks Menlo - Onyx Frame - Clear Lens @ £64.99 inc VAT

Onyx Coloured Frame, Clear Lenses, Gunnar Lens Technology Reduces Harmful Artificial Blue Light By 35%, Lens Width 56mm, Temple 145mm, Nose 18mm, Stylish & Lightweight, Ergonomically Designed

Only £64.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gunnar Optiks Menlo - Onyx Frame - Amber Lens @ £64.99 inc VAT

Onyx Coloured Frame, Amber Tinted Lenses Reduce Harmful Artificial Blue Light By 65%, Lens Width 56mm, Temple 145mm, Nose 18mm, Stylish & Lightweight, Ergonomically Designed

Only £64.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS - Onyx Frame - Amber Lens @ £79.99 inc VAT

Onyx Coloured Frame With Razer Green Accents, Amber Tinted Lenses Reduce Harmful Artificial Blue Light By 65%, Lens Width 56mm, Temple 135mm, Nose 19mm, Stylish & Lightweight, Ergonomically Designed

Only £79.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gunnar Optiks Razer RPG - Onyx Frame - Amber Lens @ £79.99 inc VAT

Onyx Coloured Frame With Razer Green Accents, Amber Tinted Lenses Reduce Harmful Artificial Blue Light By 65%, Lens Width 61mm, Temple 120mm, Nose 18mm, Stylish & Lightweight, Ergonomically Designed

Only £79.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gunnar Optiks Torpedo - Onyx Frame - Amber Lens @ £64.99 inc VAT

Onyx Coloured Frame, Amber Tinted Lenses Reduce Harmful Artificial Blue Light By 65%, Lens Width 73mm, Temple 118mm, Nose 16mm Stylish & Lightweight, Ergonomically Designed

Only £64.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gunnar Optiks Vayper - Onyx Frame - Amber Lens @ £64.99 inc VAT

Onyx Coloured Frame, Amber Tinted Lenses Reduce Harmful Artificial Blue Light By 65%, Lens Width 57mm, Temple 132mm, Nose 19mm, Stylish & Lightweight, Ergonomically Designed

Only £64.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited:
Associate
OP
They look like the night drive glasses that appear in those annoying 'Innovation' style pull outs that fall out of every magazine that are sold for a £9.95 and get a free electronic bird scarier.
They are actually very good. There is also the clear lens available if the Amber Lenses are putting you off. Although they will only have a BLRF (Blue Light Reduction Factor) of 35% instead of the 65% from the Amber Lens.

The Menlo Clear Lens is the only frame we currently have with the Clear Lenses.

Associate
OP
Whatever next in the 'gaming' bubble. Lacking in RGB though. Very much a gimmick for quick ££ in my eyes (oh matron).
Gunnar Originally started with glasses for computer and office work. Their "gaming" glasses are exactly the same, just have frame designs aimed more towards a gaming audience. The technology is the same and they are tested and certified and most definitely not a gimmick. As I say in the original post, I own a pair and they really do help with eye strain, bearing in mind I spend the whole day working at a computer screen.

Soldato
Im sorry gents but you are better off getting your eyes tested and getting actual glasses tailored to your vision.

Yes they do make a difference, but wearing proper glasses are far far better. Not quite a gimmick, but better spending your money on real glasses.

Associate
OP
Im sorry gents but you are better off getting your eyes tested and getting actual glasses tailored to your vision.

Yes they do make a difference, but wearing proper glasses are far far better. Not quite a gimmick, but better spending your money on real glasses.

Just want to clear up that these are designed to reduce eye strain and artificial blue light. So they are to be used whilst using a PC screen, TV screen, Mobile screen etc. Ideal for people who don't require corrective eyewear.
If you do require corrective eyewear, Gunnar can make these glasses to your prescription. But again, they are designed for people who spend a lot of time infront of a TV or Screen. For anything else and everyday use, ofcourse, your prescription eyewear from your local optician is preferable.

Soldato
Hey, couple of quick questions. How do this glasses differ from running f.lux as a software solution, other than not needing software being installed so making them an option where you don't have admin/installation rights. And how do they affect actual colours in games? Will it make colours look wrong?
Thanks.

Associate
OP
Hey, couple of quick questions. How do this glasses differ from running f.lux as a software solution, other than not needing software being installed so making them an option where you don't have admin/installation rights. And how do they affect actual colours in games? Will it make colours look wrong?
Thanks.
A number of good, constructive questions.

Whilst F.lux is a great piece of software, some people as you say, do not have access to install such a program or may not even have network access. Gunnar's Glasses not only reduce artificial blue light, they reduce screen glare (Something F.lux can't do). the design of the Lens and frames themselves also help with dry eyes as they prevent air currents from passing over your eye (causing dryness & making your eyes feel sore). The glasses also have a very slight "zoom", the screen image is sharper and a lot clearer - again, helping to reduce strain. The glasses are not just aimed at PC screen users, people who use Tablets, Mobile Phones, Handheld Consoles or who spend a lot of time infront of the tv will benefit and as far as i'm aware, you can't get F.lux on a TV...

In regards to the colour. The amber lenses have a slight tint to them, after a while using them, you adjust to the colour and don't really notice it (the colour difference isn't massive and wont make colours look wrong, just slightly lighter.) By being slightly tinted, they do help in low light applications, for example, playing games where you may be in a dark location. I've noticed from personal use that i'm not straining to see whats happening on my monitor anymore. If you are worried about colour, Gunnar do have "clear" lenses which have a BLRF (Blue Light Reduction Factor) of 35%, these are aimed at people like graphic designers and videographers, where colour is of the utmost importance.

As someone who spends all day at the computer doing office work and a fair few hours gaming when I get home, I can say I have noticed a difference. I don't end the day with sore, dry eyes and I suffer with a lot less Headaches/Migraines which I am usually very prone to.

I hope this has answered your questions, but if theres anything else you want to know, please ask :)

Soldato
This is a good idea for someone on a computer screen all day. As I get older I notice I can't look at a screen as much as I used to, my eyes strain to see details on screen even with prescription glasses which often leads to dry eyes. If these glasses can alleviate that then it's something I might check out (will read some long term user reviews first.) I would need a prescription though.

Associate
OP
This is a good idea for someone on a computer screen all day. As I get older I notice I can't look at a screen as much as I used to, my eyes strain to see details on screen even with prescription glasses which often leads to dry eyes. If these glasses can alleviate that then it's something I might check out (will read some long term user reviews first.) I would need a prescription though.

For prescription lenses you would need to go to Gunnar Direct and provide them with your prescription but it is something they can do :)

OcUK Staff
I have been using these Gunnar Glasses since they came into stock here and I must admit they have been fantastic.

They have reduced my eye strain massively and I have not been getting as many headaches whilst working a the desk.

At first I thought it was a myth but they actually do work and help :)

Bailey

Back
Top Bottom