Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The Mrs car we picked up last week finally got it's first detail:
- Finesse Iron Out (didn't do much, the car was reasonably prepped at the dealer)
- WD40 For the Tar spots
- Farcle Clay Mitt
- Autoglym Wash/Wax
- Carpro Eraser
- Full Polish with Sonax EX 04 06 single stage cut/polish compound
- Carpro Eraser again to get the polish/oils off.
- Sonax CC36 ceramic coating kit (I like this, includes 'prep' spray, then ceramic spray, then gloss coat, all with applicators and only takes 1 hour to cure the ceramic before gloss coat, then just drive away!)
- Autoglym Glass Polish
- Autoglym Metal Polish

I'll leave it a week then wash and will think about what wax to use this time!

The car is Melbourne red, an oddly metallic red (really has a weird flake in direct sunlight) makes taking nice photo's difficult.
i3jsZOgh.jpg qjfErsCh.jpg xyPdiVdh.jpg IpsnpMdh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone have a plague of flies descend on their car after they wax it? Doing my head in!
If it's not flies, it's pollen and other dust! I had to go to work where it's fairly dust free and shady, got the ceramic coat on, and left it a bit longer to cure before taking it home, within 30 mins the pollen started descending :(

oooft that is lovely,
Cheers, the main reason for detailing is the main dealer had done an 80% good job of prepping the car so it only needed a quick one stage polish to just get it up to 95% and then seal it so it worth doing. I’ll wax it this weekend just to help preserve the ceramic coating, then just the odd spritz with BSD or similar.

I was a bit on the fence when the Mrs said she preferred red as the only other options seem to be predominantly white, silver, black or grey, but this is growing on me!

Last edited:
Associate
One thing i noticed yesterday was the Polar Blast/Polar Wash says to rinse from the bottom up. I'd always assumed to do it the other way. Any reason why bottom up is better?

I think it's something to do with distributing it with the pressure washer and if you start from the top then the water run off will remove it from the bottom before you can distribute it.

Associate

Got the detailing bug and picked up a bunch of stuff to give the car a clean (long story short, I had a load of gear years ago which was nicked when someone broke into the garage). The front wheels are badly caked in brake dust. There stills a few more bits and pieces I need (proper drying towels for example, any recommendations?) and I need to read into this ceramic coating shenanigans I'm seeing on the instagrams.

Soldato
^ That's how the 'bug' starts, then it turns in to an affliction! :)

Looks like a nice little starter collection! Next it'll be DA Polishing Machine, loads of different micro-fibre's, Ceramic coatings, etc.

Associate
^ That's how the 'bug' starts, then it turns in to an affliction! :)

Looks like a nice little starter collection! Next it'll be DA Polishing Machine, loads of different micro-fibre's, Ceramic coatings, etc.

I'm already eyeing up a couple DA's on ebay!
Anyone here used the costco microfibres? Thinking about picking up a bunch next time I go if they are good for car cleaning.

Associate
Just come back to my car to find a scratch/dent in the front bumper :( The scratch itself isn't bad and I'll be able to polish it out but can anyone provide any tips for trying to get the dent out? It's only small but it's going to annoy the hell out of me!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just come back to my car to find a scratch/dent in the front bumper :( The scratch itself isn't bad and I'll be able to polish it out but can anyone provide any tips for trying to get the dent out? It's only small but it's going to annoy the hell out of me!

A decent PDR (paintless dent removal) should be able to fix it for £40. My local body shop has a guy who does it.

Soldato
If it's in the plastic bumper then some boiling water and/or hairdryer to heat it up and then push it out from behind yourself. Will probably look good as new.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Popped into Halfords yesterday and noticed they now stock the full range of Autofinesse stuff. Excellent! The way Tripple hides swirls and light scratches is magic.

rps20190616_001520_089.jpg

I've also changed my wax from Collinite 915 to 845. I got tired of how much effort is required to apply and buff off the hard based wax so liquid wax is the way going forwards. Same lengevity, just way easier and quicker to work with.

rps20190616_084810_488.jpg

Soldato
Does anyone know where to buy replacement bottles for a CYC foam Lance?

They're out of stock, tried asking them but they didn't reply.

Bought a couple off eBay and while the neck size seems perfect the actual threads on the bottle don't line up correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom