PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Man of Honour
I have a curious question for anyone playing anything via the MS store, for some reason whenever I fire up a game through this my Escape key stops working, which of course makes it impossible to open up any ingame menus and also means I have to quit the games by ending them in task manager. Doesnt do this on any none MS store game, has anyone else had this?

EDIT : bizarrely it just started working again all by itself. Ah well, not to worry

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I'm not expecting much of Metro Exodus - I didn't like Metro 2033 so I never played Last Light. But the graphics on Exodus looked pretty good so I am curious to check it out.

For a quid I subscribed, I had thousands of MS points so just redeemed a load for a £5 store card, so thats this month and next month for free, can't really grumble at this, load of games to play for effectively nothing at all.

Associate
Comparing the list of Play Anywhere titles to PC Game pass titles it strikes me that the big hitters like Gears 5 and Halo Infinite will still be available via this way. meaning that as long as I have my £7.99 Xbox Gamepass I will still be able to play them on my PC too . . .. Or am I missing somthing?
FOr those that have Xbox Game pass and a PC - there doesnt seem to be a massive amount more titles available over the Play Anywhere selection?

Soldato
Comparing the list of Play Anywhere titles to PC Game pass titles it strikes me that the big hitters like Gears 5 and Halo Infinite will still be available via this way. meaning that as long as I have my £7.99 Xbox Gamepass I will still be able to play them on my PC too . . .. Or am I missing somthing?
FOr those that have Xbox Game pass and a PC - there doesnt seem to be a massive amount more titles available over the Play Anywhere selection?
Think you need the £10.99 a month Ultimate Game pass for both PC & Xbox1 & Xbox Gold Live. PC game pass only selection is not as large as Play Anywhere on Xbox1 which is why its only £3.99 vs £7.99 for Xbox Game pass or £10.99 for both as well as Gold Live sub.

Soldato
I can't imagine Steam ever offering this sort of service.
If they did its commercial suicide as Valve make their immense money on selling games up to 30% cut per sale so any subscription service would be the financial end of Steam. In a way Valve doing that has forced MS & Epic to get creative so its done PC gamers a massive favour in many ways but the future for Valve is cloudy as by doing nothing different they have stood still & this will take a lot of value away from the net worth as the commercial value is rapidly going away due to others offering more modern services & or taking a financial hit to gain market share.

Soldato
If they did its commercial suicide as Valve make their immense money on selling games up to 30% cut per sale so any subscription service would be the financial end of Steam. In a way Valve doing that has forced MS & Epic to get creative so its done PC gamers a massive favour in many ways but the future for Valve is cloudy as by doing nothing different they have stood still & this will take a lot of value away from the net worth as the commercial value is rapidly going away due to others offering more modern services & or taking a financial hit to gain market share.
Microsoft also takes 30% of every game on Xbox yet they offer an xbox pass. Having a lot of subscriptions is the dream for every content provider. They exist because they are very viable, tons of guaranteed money in every month.

Soldato
Had to download some new xbox beta app to make it work, ?? The old app has now been renamed xbox companion, and now a new app called xbox beta , and it also downloaded a new gaming bar and gaming services app, however it all works, not sure why so many apps - I am hoping the new xbox app is going to be one app for all, as the new app hasn't worked out I own Forza 7 and forza 6 apex on the MS store, its only showing game pass games for the xbox beta app, so its got a few flaws but - hey it works, its got cloud saving, achievements, social and works just fine..

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well subbed for a £1 and the £3.99 a month price is nice although i expect that to be a fiver within 12 months. as long as they dont implement min sub lengths il be a user. sub for a month or two then go play something else on another platform.

i do expect 3-6 and 12 month sub pricing to come in and other social odd sand ends attached to that as well to try and keep people subbed for more time.

Associate
this kinda annoying, im having to search for the games manually in the store app because everything in the beta app is giving me a "Sorry Partner" error.

i am getting the games i want to download anyway but its not ideal!

Soldato
Hmmm, first game I installed failed as it has to be installed "on the system drive", bit annoying as C: is a relative small drive for OS etc with games etc usually on a fast SSD D: drive.

Soldato
Microsoft also takes 30% of every game on Xbox yet they offer an xbox pass. Having a lot of subscriptions is the dream for every content provider. They exist because they are very viable, tons of guaranteed money in every month.
Its less than 30% now I think but they also as you say offer the xbox & now PC subs which means a lot of money gets paid back to publishers who include their content in the scheme (its optional if they do not want to be part of the sub scheme).

Soldato
I take it these games need to be downloaded via the MS Store app ? Think I`ll pass if thats the case wouldnt do it even if they paid me £1. Dont fancy trying to download game 20 times only for it to fail at 90% again.
Its reliable now and you can chose which device to install on before installing anything.

Man of Honour
Hmmm, first game I installed failed as it has to be installed "on the system drive", bit annoying as C: is a relative small drive for OS etc with games etc usually on a fast SSD D: drive.

You can change the default install drive, I changed mine to my D drive immediately and have installed all my games there.

Back
Top Bottom