• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Any chance these 3950X will work with my Asus X370-F, curently running my 2700x as a KVM host and a simple upgrade to double the cores would be sexy as hell!

Soldato
New Geekbench entries for 3600

http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13472133
http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13473948

5599 29090 Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X570 AORUS MASTER
5432 28318

Pretty Impressive, destroys the 2600 it will replace and there appears to be good gains on Intel in single core performance, just above a stock 8700. Multi-Core performance not far behind a 9700K and beats the 2700X by a good margin in both single & multi core. At £200 the 3600 could be an absolute steal!

Associate
From a different perspective of the topic, I am just as interested to see how AMD structure their presentation as I am in the results.

E3 is such a huge marketing opportunity and they really need to nail it. Personally I am not expecting the 9900k to be dethroned for gaming, as I would have expected to see a clear cut benchmark at Computex if it did, and I will be extremely interested to see how AMD counters this if it is true. They clearly want to drop the 'budget brand' identity that has been built up, so picking the right things to talk about will be extremely important.

I hope to see some information on latencies and overclocking. Navi is interesting, but I fear they might not focus on Ryzen enough. If AMD really do have game changing components then they need to land a few knockout blows.

Soldato
Wasn't the 'real world gaming' a dig at AMD only offering a selected few synthetic benchmarks?
All the talk of 2000fps at 720 has been made up on these forums (again)

I would agree with others it appears that AMD should be up there with the lack of ghz been offset by their IPC gains.

Not long to wait now.

Yup. People make assumptions and then run with it like it's fact.

I'm waiting for info and reviews.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Pretty Impressive, destroys the 2600 it will replace and there appears to be good gains on Intel in single core performance, just above a stock 8700. Multi-Core performance not far behind a 9700K and beats the 2700X by a good margin in both single & multi core. At £200 the 3600 could be an absolute steal!

Damn, thats some pretty incredible gains from the last year!

Plenty of people were a bit underwhelmed after cex just looking at the stats on paper, but in real world performance Zen2 seems pretty incredible just for the 3600

Associate
You did. The 3800x beat the 9900k in pubg. A very intel favoured game. Assume that AMD will take wins in other less intel favoured titles.

Did it? The FPS was margin of error stuff, the resolution was unknown and it was running on a RX 5700 which could possibly bottleneck the performance.

It gave an indication of performance but no where near a 'clear cut benchmark'. AMD didn't even state it was faster they said something akin to 'the CPU will no longer bottleneck performance'.

Associate
Did it? The FPS was margin of error stuff, the resolution was unknown and it was running on a RX 5700 which could possibly bottleneck the performance.

It gave an indication of performance but no where near a 'clear cut benchmark'. AMD didn't even state it was faster they said something akin to 'the CPU will no longer bottleneck performance'.

Didn't think they stated what the GPU was in the demo.

You are right, they did state that the 3800X has remove the CPU bottleneck moving the bottleneck to the GPU, which is a bold claim.

And claimed during the presentation they are either at or better than the competition. There was no clear cut benchmark, but its looking like competition is starting to heat up.

Associate
That Robert guy from AMD repeatedly said in an interview after Computex that AMD are now the market leaders in single thread performance, multi thread performance, power consumption and best price. Again bold claims coming from AMD so make of that what you will.

Permabanned
That Robert guy from AMD repeatedly said in an interview after Computex that AMD are now the leaders in single thread performance, multi thread performance, power consumption and best price. Again bold claims coming from AMD so make of that what you will.
bet they are crushing the competition. In core amount for sure rest we see.

Associate
Correct but were consoles and PC's differ if software, the PC has been bogged down with bloated API's like DX 10 and 11 and revisions there off for years were as developers can code using API's for consoles that are much closer to the metal.
thanks freddie but yes once consoles and pc are using practically the same architecture "zen2" the software is going to work the same way albiet it in a gimped and slowed down way lacking in certain features not in the full fat pc zen2,i dont pretend to understand api's and stuff but surely being the same design it will be easilier to"port" from consoles to pc being it basically the architecture but like you say software is the "language" but i always thought dx 10 and 11 was windows but obv windows has to be all things to all men via wide range of different hardware while consoles are set in stone i.e one spec

Back
Top Bottom