• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Associate
Permabanned
What? I think you completely fail to read what I saying!

You can have two VEGA 64 GPUs one blower and one triple fan running at the same speed and voltage they will both give of the same amount of heat! That heat doesn't just magically disappear! Core Temp and HBM Temp is only part of the story, the TDP of the GPU remains the same its still 400w worth of heat that must go somewhere.

I don't think you actually believe what you've just typed.

See: Gigabyte explains it for you:

The heat dissipation performance is enhanced up to 33% than the reference card https://www.gigabyte.com/Press/News/1294

Soldato

The heat dissipation performance is enhanced up to 33% than the reference card https://www.gigabyte.com/Press/News/1294

Again WOW!
Cooling the Core = higher clock speed you still have the GPU outputting the same amount of heat LOL

GTX 1080 = 180w - CORE temp will still be around the same as VEGA 64
But VEGA 64 = 300w Again the core will be the same "Depending on the cooler used"

But guess what GPU outputs the less overall heat?

A perfect example is this video! Note the GPU core temp but look at the total system power! = More heat into the room! It doesn't MATTER what the GPU cooling is even if you water cool the TDP of the GPU doesn't change and the heat output remains the same.

Edit
This is my last reply to you! Thread is getting abit OT now

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato

Shankly is right regarding the heat; a better cooler doesn't reduce the amount of heat a card produces it just removes it more efficiently, there's still X Watts of heat dumped somewhere. That's the 33% improved cooling Gigabyte is talking about, they are saying their cooler removes the heat X% faster/more efficiently than the stock card.

Permabanned
Shankly is right regarding the heat; a better cooler doesn't reduce the amount of heat a card produces it just removes it more efficiently, there's still X Watts of heat dumped somewhere. That's the 33% improved cooling Gigabyte is talking about, they are saying their cooler removes the heat X% faster/more efficiently than the stock card.

But I didn't say that the TDP didn't stay the same. It stays the same but over a much larger surface and volume of air.
I have no idea why he argues about the TDP when it's completely irrelevant.

Permabanned
And you said GPUs experience 'higher thermal densities' under a blower cooler. Cooling doesn't change the thermal density - Voltage and clockspeed do.

This is wrong.
Voltage increases the thermal density while good cooling decreases the thermal density.
And by thermal density I mean the average temperature over the PCB surface.

Soldato
AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-Benchmarks.jpg

bru

bru

Soldato
I said this a few pages back, dxr is locked to nvidia until next year when it is free reign when the agreement runs out, no one believed me but I don't care, I know what's up. Raytracing with software and hardware will be for both companies

And again we would like to see some evidence of this exclusivity deal.

DXR is part of Direct X and is vendor agnostic.

Caporegime
So judging from that slide it is basically ~ 2070 performance, possibly just edging it on average by a few percent.

It is going to be all about the price.

If it is under £300 i think they will be on to a winner. Anymore and its a massive disappointment quite frankly. If it more like around £400, why would you not just get the 2070? It has ray tracing and probably (just basing this on speculation) better power usage.

If it is under £300 i reckon i will get one.

Soldato
4K) They are talking about heat output, you are talking about heat at the chip. Please get aligned so this can continue normally...

So... Starts at 6pm for me. Might skip the gym to watch lol. Not expecting anything miraculous, but just want to get an idea of whether it is worth buying. Tired of the ridiculous prices and I don't want to invest in older tech (570/vega56) tbh.

Soldato
So judging from that slide it is basically ~ 2070 performance, possibly just edging it on average by a few percent.

If it is under £300 i think they will be on to a winner. Anymore and its a massive disappointment quite frankly. If it more like around £400, why would you not just get the 2070? It has ray tracing and probably (just basing this on speculation) better power usage.

Will they say "cheaper for better performance", "we are better so pay more" or " we give.better overall perf for the same money". Pick your winner....

Soldato

Yeah this, either price it less and be champions of us all, or same price with ray tracing (not going to happen) If AMD mess up and price it the same they are rediculously stupid, like SUPER rediculously stupid

It's almost as if the price difference will be what RTX is worth

HeX

HeX

Soldato

Yup, if that's accurate it all comes down to pricing. Especially if the rumours of Nvidia price drops are true... Otherwise as you say why not just get an already available 2070 with RT...

Back
Top Bottom