Gd has died

Man of Honour
The lack of new blood is the biggest cause but in respect of any degradation:
  1. there is far too much moaning (yes I'm moaning at the moaning - come at me!);
  2. there is far too much self-identifying and this 'the left' and 'the right' stuff is sooooo boring and seems to get into EVERY THREAD. HOW IS IT IN THIS THREAD. WHYYYYY; and
  3. people are more interested in sniping at others and making themselves feel better than making positive contributions. Ask yourself, have you actually contributed?
Shame really! Oh well, still here :)

V F

V F

Soldato
Shoe Vomit was OK but the really nasty place was *********** which was a long time ago.
Virtually every thread was OCUK related where they would just tear OCUK members apart including me.

O_o When did this all take place and the bannings? I honestly had never knew this was going on. What's also quite bizarre is the beef some people seem to hold for a long time if they've been banned permanently. Saying that, look at B and T. People livid for 3 years every single day.

The lack of new blood is the biggest cause but in respect of any degradation:
  1. there is far too much moaning (yes I'm moaning at the moaning - come at me!);
  2. there is far too much self-identifying and this 'the left' and 'the right' stuff is sooooo boring and seems to get into EVERY THREAD. HOW IS IT IN THIS THREAD. WHYYYYY; and
  3. people are more interested in sniping at others and making themselves feel better than making positive contributions. Ask yourself, have you actually contributed?
Shame really! Oh well, still here :)

Social Media has conditioned people for the past 11 years into a selfish society.

Caporegime
Social Media has conditioned people for the past 11 years into a selfish society.

Hardly, it supercharged what was everpresent, the unmitigated greed of consumerism and the media empires that pushed ideals of beauty long before the internet existed.

All that social media has done is take the distance between everyone and nullify it.

V F

V F

Soldato
Hardly, it supercharged what was everpresent, the unmitigated greed of consumerism and the media empires that pushed ideals of beauty long before the internet existed.

All that social media has done is take the distance between everyone and nullify it.

Hardly? Then you go on to say it supercharged it. :rolleyes:

Every disgruntled person you once would never of heard of now has a platform compared to before. The biggest mouths rules the roost. In between the hostility, attacking peoples character and constant aggression hidden behind the excuse of free speech and human rights. Let alone the narcism. So many discussions has taken place and proven how bad it has gotten that it has transferred to real life.

Let alone if the mob has it in for you, you'll lose your job from pressure groups.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
We used to get big console gamer meetups every year, and those that played together met up regularly. Now no one even plays together anymore.

That reminds me, whatever happened to @Diddums weekly thread about GTA multiplayer or whatever?

I barely get time to play on my PS4 and then randomly purchased 18 months of ps.plus and haven't played online once!

Caporegime
That reminds me, whatever happened to @Diddums weekly thread about GTA multiplayer or whatever?

I barely get time to play on my PS4 and then randomly purchased 18 months of ps.plus and haven't played online once!

We still get together every Friday, whether it be GTA Races, MW: Remastered (free, and private games only, we're not overly fond of the cod community), or whatever else everyone wants to play. Have a look here to see what's up :)

Caporegime
I wonder if there is a form factor better than Reddit for having separate communities under one roof, it's the big reason why forums became rather disused.

Because i can't think of one.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Pff Redit, i am so old i cant understand the stupid layout....oh and everything wants me to install a stupid app. Which is also a stupid name its a program Not a application a application is when i put antiseptic cream on a cut.

Forum

Section

Sub section

All you need.

Back
Top Bottom