Cyberpunk 2077

Caporegime
OP
Promising, I still think it will bridge the gap between this and next gen. Maybe cross over title like we had between this gen and the last.

Totally, considering The Witcher 3 has like 3.5 years dev time then this should be an absolute monster, which reminds me I still need to actually play The Witcher 3 to completion, I never even got to Skellige

Associate
Bare in mind the footage we seen was a work in progress, something the narrator of the video repeated a few times, not to mention the watermark at the top.

I can imagine this WILL be the final, big top end AAA title for this current gen on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, TLOU2 maybe releasing around the same time also. I can only imagine the devs have had next gen in mind and I believe this will be the first cross-over game which will be on both current and next gen consoles, next-gen and PC versions being the far superior, especially with the real-time ray tracing of the RTX on PC, game would look phenomenal.

As for having that many NPC's in screen space at once, all depends on how optimized the game is for the hardware to run it consistently at a respectful frame rate. As for the infamous resolution question, we will soon see on launch how it runs on current consoles.

Caporegime
OP
Damn, you have absolutely loads left to do.

I know, I just stopped playing, then I got wind of the Xbox One X and then the CDPR enhancements for it and held off playing it until the released the updates. Got the GOTY version ready to go, but not the time to play it lol as I am a total fiend for just exploring. I think I was upto about 30 hours on my PS4 save too from just exploring about the map, and I didn't even get into Gwent either.

Soldato
Looks so SO good. I just want to get stuck in to already!

So is this game going to be First Person completely, I mean the character creation looks so in depth and seems odd we can do all that and then we are playing first person and not see the character? I know there will be moments where we can see (like cutscenes, inventory) but not a lot really from what it seems so far. In Witcher 3 it was constant and you could see your bad ass armour all the time

Caporegime
OP
Looks so SO good. I just want to get stuck in to already!

So is this game going to be First Person completely, I mean the character creation looks so in depth and seems odd we can do all that and then we are playing first person and not see the character? I know there will be moments where we can see (like cutscenes, inventory) but not a lot really from what it seems so far. In Witcher 3 it was constant and you could see your bad ass armour all the time

Yes, it's completely first person.

Caporegime
They’ve said that it’s running on top end PC in that demo, so undoubtedly won’t be like this upon release.

Also, isn’t this just a blatant Deus Ex reimagining?

It was 'only' running on a 1080Ti and 8700K which considering it's at least a year and more likely 2 years away, is astonishing. Plenty of time to optimise and add some extra shine with ray tracing :p.

Associate
Thought the game looked a bit soft tbh. Texture quality didn’t look tgat great to me, especially if on pc. Years before this is released though.

Associate
Oh man, I got so excited watching this. CD Projekt Red do not disappoint. I will be upgrading my PC for this to do it justice, don't think I can ever get to grips with FPS with a controller.

Associate
Yeah, the trailer and Keane Reeves segment was the highlight of yesterday’s MS show for me. The game looks great already, but April 16th gives them plenty of time yet to add that extra polish :cool:

Caporegime
This is one of the games I'm really looking forward to but I also wonder if I should wait until next gen to play and see it in all its glory.

I’m probably going to double dip, first on PC to play in 1080p and then hopefully there will be a complete 4K edition for PS5 in 2021. If I didn’t have a PC would probably get it on X1X.

Back
Top Bottom