Elder Scrolls VI Announced!

Soldato
So Eurogamer think they've figured out the game's location as being
Obviously it's just a bit of speculation to pass the time, but they do go into some detail to their credit. But yeah, it'll be a long few years if this is what we're reduced to. :o

I wrote it on the first page after seeing the video. Everyone who played TESO knows the area on that map from the very first frame :)

Soldato
Might be just what I need to get back into pc gaming. Don't think my pc has been used since Borderlands 2 and I got my laptop.

It better be good.

Soldato
Skyrim will be the last truly good Bethesda game in my eyes. I know that even Skyrim purportedly inferior to previous games, but Skyrim is my only TES game experience, and I freaking love it. Fallout 4 was OK, but again it was too dumbed down compared to Fallout 3 era. TES6 will be being bought, but I don't have high hopes. If it's on par with Fallout 76 then I'll skip it.

Soldato
Got a source for that.. and what exactly does that mean? An always internet connected game but still single player? Not another MMO like ESO?

Todd Howard mentioned it in an interview, and Starfield is going to be the same. A live service game is the model EA introduced with Fifa, lengthy development time post-launch to add microtransactions and mini DLCs at the expense of traditional expansions. Doesn't have to always be online I don't think though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc63ez8_cEs

It's possible that a lot of content, like gear or potions could be inside loot boxes, as another example.

This is pure speculation of course, and Todd may have even meant a complete different thing, but the 'live service' model has killed every game that has used it.

Call of Duty is another example, especially the latest one.

Associate
I hope it turns out good. Their recent releases haven't gave me much hope, but the new Doom game looks pretty decent, lets hope they don't **** this one up, because I loved Oblivion and Skyrim.

Soldato
I thought I read recently that Todd said they were using a new engine as the old one just wasn't capable of the stuff they want to do in TESVI, but I can't find it now. :o

They confirmed they'll be using the same engine for this and Starfield: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018...ame_engine_for_the_elder_scrolls_vi_starfield

Which is NOT good news. Expect Fallout 76 graphics, with maybe a few more graphical tweaks. But the same bugs will still be present... 60fps cap, clunky world objects etc etc.

Soldato
They confirmed they'll be using the same engine for this and Starfield: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018...ame_engine_for_the_elder_scrolls_vi_starfield

Which is NOT good news. Expect Fallout 76 graphics, with maybe a few more graphical tweaks. But the same bugs will still be present... 60fps cap, clunky world objects etc etc.

Oh god no. Ppl should just boycott to some degree this pony dev. Their engine is one of the worst pieces of crud out there, it's a disgrace the way it plays today. I certainly am not buying anything they do in the future until its on a new engine that doesn't look like the game is 10 years old.

Soldato
Soldato
I just can't see Elder Scrolls ever being the same again after Skyrim. I've lost so much faith in them, they're slowly slipping away in the same direction as Blizzard.

If I had to bet, it would be that ES6 will have some kind of micro-transaction entwined in the basegame, like a content service where they add items and events in the game that you have to pay a subscription to, but it will require some kind of online only connection so the game knows who is using their mods or not. I also think they'll put a pay wall infront of mods, or somehow greatly limited what modders can do so as not to take away from their service (massively ruining the modding community like they nearly did with Steam mods a few years ago.) Also that the game itself will be even more streamlined for the casual than Skyrim was and the actual content in the game will be less than previous games.

I know I'm so pessimistic, but the industry is run by corporate ***** these days :(

Back
Top Bottom