Epic Games Store now open!

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Anyone managed to get a refund from epic? I've been trying to get a refund for 16 days now, sent two messages to epic and I've neither had a response nor a refund.

Associate
I've bought Journey and Outer Wilds so far from the store. The only reason was because of the decent prices, can't argue with £15 for both. I'll probably double dip when they get released and receive a price cut on Steam, just so i can have them in my collection there.

Soldato
I've bought Journey and Outer Wilds so far from the store. The only reason was because of the decent prices, can't argue with £15 for both. I'll probably double dip when they get released and receive a price cut on Steam, just so i can have them in my collection there.

I did the same. Journey is a legendary game...incredible. I played it through on PS3 years ago. Looks and plays so well, and quite an experience.

Associate
Internet raging again due to Shenmue III being EGS exclusive.

Yep, I won't be buying it! I object to Epic's anti-consumer mentality of buying up exclusivity and forcing players to use their inferior service. Shenmue 3 was listed as a Steam title since the Kickstarter! Even the original games are available on the platform.
A massive fail on Deep Silver's part. What a damned shame!

Soldato
I've never backed anything on Kickstarter, but Shenmue III happened and I folded as I wanted it to be made.
Just like every other product on there, it was a scam, and the Steam key they offered and I requested is not a thing.
Hoping I can get refunded.

Soldato
Can anyone tell me in a nutshell why everyone seems to hate this company please?

It's just a bunch of manbabies crying about the infringement of their 'gamer rights' whilst showing blind loyalty to a 'cut throaty' corporate behemoth (Steam) for no reason other than having grown up with it.

Soldato
It's just a bunch of manbabies crying about the infringement of their 'gamer rights' whilst showing blind loyalty to a 'cut throaty' corporate behemoth (Steam) for no reason other than having grown up with it.

Oh look, another one who can't be bothered to actually read the thread before commenting.

Soldato
Isn't this Shenmue actually verging on fraud? They clearly stated "STEAM" key, now this isn't the case, so what was the contract - is this now a change that means the contract is broken?

This could get interesting, I feel sorry for all the backers that are upset over this, it does come across like a scam, its actually just publishers etc money hatting, and not giving a toss about their customers in honesty, but it might be a contract have been broken, I can see this now really affecting the kickstarter platform, this is not looking good IMO

Epic has now made themselves even more hated, and I didn't think that was even possible.

Soldato
Isn't this Shenmue actually verging on fraud? They clearly stated "STEAM" key, now this isn't the case, so what was the contract - is this now a change that means the contract is broken?

This could get interesting, I feel sorry for all the backers that are upset over this, it does come across like a scam, its actually just publishers etc money hatting, and not giving a toss about their customers in honesty, but it might be a contract have been broken, I can see this now really affecting the kickstarter platform, this is not looking good IMO

Epic has now made themselves even more hated, and I didn't think that was even possible.

I do hope that something is able to be done.... but... I think in general and in the past backing something on Kickstarter has always been an "at your own risk" type of thing - although projects are able to promise rewards for different tiers etc. I would expect there's no expectation that you are guaranteed to get exactly what was stated (and even then, in this case they can probably say that you are still getting "a copy of the game")... Just trying to think of other examples; you help fund a project making something that comes in 5 colours and state that you want "blue", but then there are some sort of manufacturing difficulties and they are unable to produce that colour in the end - I'm not sure if that would entitle you to a refund or not (as far as the site rules go) as the promise of that colour was made in good faith but things changed

Soldato
I do hope that something is able to be done.... but... I think in general and in the past backing something on Kickstarter has always been an "at your own risk" type of thing - although projects are able to promise rewards for different tiers etc. I would expect there's no expectation that you are guaranteed to get exactly what was stated (and even then, in this case they can probably say that you are still getting "a copy of the game")... Just trying to think of other examples; you help fund a project making something that comes in 5 colours and state that you want "blue", but then there are some sort of manufacturing difficulties and they are unable to produce that colour in the end - I'm not sure if that would entitle you to a refund or not (as far as the site rules go) as the promise of that colour was made in good faith but things changed

Sad times really, I don't know what is up with the Epic team, they seem hell bent on taking over something that no one wanted - it wouldn't be so bad if they played fairly - but this store wars they have created has just resulted in a huge backlash, resentment and ill feelings, glad I didn't back the Shenmue campaign now .

As I'd also feel pretty cheated if I was informed I'd have to install a platform I've no interest in using to play a game I'd paid upfront for, and told at the time I'd get a key for a platform I prefer to use, it shouldn't really mater I guess, but its sometimes down to good old principles.

Not withstanding, all the other issues that has now been discussed to death regarding Epic and their questionable practices.

Soldato
Epic and Deep Silver just put a black mark against crowdfunding. Sometime in the future an amazing game will not get the backing it needs because people are hesitant and that is a damn shame, just keep damaging the PC platform epic, it's not like it had to fight tooth and nail for some market share since the big 2 went in strong back in 05.

The worst part is, Epic aren't ever going anywhere and won't stop doing this because of Fortnite money, they could lose every fan and spend nigh billions on anti consumer practices yet remain they shall.

Man of Honour
I see Epic have failed once again. Another appalling act. I would be furious if I had backed a Kickstarter project that had promised to launch on Steam and then u-turned without offering refunds. Good luck to the future of that developer.

The worst part is, Epic aren't ever going anywhere and won't stop doing this because of Fortnite money, they could lose every fan and spend nigh billions on anti consumer practices yet remain they shall.

Unfortunately, but the developers that they back are going to get ruined.

Back
Top Bottom