Minecraft 1.15.2 Vanilla Server now up and running!!

Soldato
Now running 1.16.2

Hi all - thought I'd start a new thread as the 1.13.x server has just updated to 1.14.2 1.14.4 1.15.1 1.15.2 1.16.2

We have CoreProtect and GriefPrevention running, as well as UltimateTimber (A tree-capitor type mod) and Dynmap for ease of exploration. Building claims are set to expire after 30 days of inactivity/not logging on. The Dynmap address is http://themustardseed.mcserver.ws:8123/ Temporarily disabled due to 1.14.x bugs/lag Reinstalled for 1.14.4 1.15.1 1.15.2
Whitelist is on. Connect either 88.150.171.98 or themustardseed.mcserver.ws The server is based in London. It's a PVE survival server set to Hard difficulty. There is a 50% player sleep Data Pack so only 50% of online players need to sleep the night away!

The world has been updated from 1.13.x AND 1.14.x so there are builds/farms out there, although some farms are broken.

There is, as of this point, no new 1.14.x terrain generated. I can, if players want, put in a tp button at spawn to an as yet un-generated area, with a return button to get you back to spawn, or can just make a nether ice-boat-road to it - let me know.There is a warp button at the spawn shack that will take you to -20,000 for new 1.14.x terrain. There is a return button there to get you back :) This area hasn't been vastly explored so will gen 1.15.2 terrain. I can always add another warp button for fresh 1.15.2 if wanted.

Anyhoozle - jump on and have fun and hit this thread up for whitelist adds. There is also a Discord server:https://discord.gg/Y4VWVzA

Laters - Ham

Edit:

Public Farm List:
Gold Farm (in the Nether access near my base) doubles as a super fast xp farm Gives gold and xp - be careful - xp will clump up and can cause lag Cured in 1.14.4 - zombies can also spawn in the loot room, so have a care<-------Mostly addressed - see edit on this post Forced Spawner
Generic Mob Farm (Portal in the Nether, or you can fly/boat to it) with two villagers to trade rotten flesh plus a basic nano-farm to grow wheat, potatoes and carrots. Gives Bones, Arrows, Rotten Flash, GunPowder & String and a few witch drops. Forced Spawner
Wither Skeleton Farm (in the Nether, there is a rail to it) Wither Skelly Skulls, Coal, Blaze Rods, Bones, Gold, Rotten Flesh and Arrows Forced Spawner
Ender Ender for xp and ender pearls Forced Spawner
Blaze Farm There's two, one near my place which is redstoneless, and one out at Sylvet's place which uses redstone
Guardian Farm - insane rates. Accessed via the Nether Forced Spawner
Ink Farm. Forced Spawner
Iron Farm. In Spawn chunks so runs 24/7 We have iron. Lots and lots of iron.

Farms in progress:
Guardian Farm <-----There is a second farm in progress
Witch Farm

Planned Farms:
Nether Network Hub including a rail system to various locations/farms. See Here
2nd Faster Ender XP farm

Non Public Farms:
Emerald Farm
Wither Rose Farm

Forced Spawner: These designs "Force" the game into spawning mobs where it rather not, and only work best when only one person is in the dimension that the farm is in. The Ender XP farm, for example, will produce poor rates if one player is at the farm and another is out exploring the End Cities.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I would like to tp link would be usefull.

TY

Done! There's a button at spawn that takes you to -20000 and a return button at the little basic house to get back to spawn.

It is possible to stack protection on armour in 1.14.2 so get in quick if you want to do so. My gear now has ProjectileProtection, Blast Protection, Fire Protection and Protection IV on all my gear!! This is being removed in 1.14.3, so do it fast if you want it!

The goldfarm works, but causes severe lag as the xp balls cannot be collected fast enough, so a safer bet is the ender-ender for the time being.

Enjoy - I'm off to do some exploring!

Soldato
OP
Ive got some planted next to my sheep pen. If anyone wants to come and grab a few to start their own farm. It can be bonemealed so is easy to generate lots.
Good stuff! I've also planted some at spawn - the stuff grows so fast it's insane!

PSA - I've disabled Dynmap for the time being. 1.14.* is laggy/not optimised enough, but Dynmap was bringing it to its knees. Hopefully it can be re-enabled when either Dynmap updates or Mojang optimise 1.14.3+

Voxelmap is working for 1.14.2: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/voxelmap I'm using it on fabric-loader-0.4.8+build.155-1.14.2+build.7 - fabric-loader-1.14.2 Details are on the voxel page I linked to.

Generating new terrain will also cause lag, so keep that in mind when exploring :)

Another point is my base causes the server to take a massive dump - probably all the entities there. GG Mojang, GG

Last edited:
Associate
I saw it mentioned on Youtube that 1.14 was causing issues, or just exposing more problems that have been there since 1.13 :(

Soldato
I got dynmap working last night too. I will say the server as a whole was extremely laggy :(

Flight was impossible and I got stuck twice in mid air and another time got stuck at max flight speed even underwater and on land!

1.14 definitely has some teething issues!

Associate
Can you add me to the whitelist please, I'm ready to lost my life for a bit again ;) username: gazzab

Can you also post the server link here please.

See you there!

Soldato
OP
I've been exploring some of the new 1.14.x terrain and have found a couple of new mobs! Can't put leads on them, so will have to work out another way of getting them home, but no rush for now!! I've put together a rough and ready Wither Rose farm, so now have a decent income of these. I don't want to make this one public as yet as it utilises a wither. Hook me up if you want any roses for the time being.

Laters - Ham

Daw - an ickle fox

116eyFf.png

Double daw - I made the pandas have a new panda!!!

9TZd5W3.png

Associate
Just a quick warning for anyone going to the the nether. Zombie pigmen are next to impossible to de-aggro once they have been aggroed.

Once aggroed they don't need line of sight to track you. They will follow you through solid blocks.

Trying to out run them is extremely difficult because as you get a certain distance away from them, new pigmen will spawn ahead of you and then be aggroed by the ones chasing you.

Also if the chunk with an aggroed pigman unloads it will be saved there in it's aggroed state until the chunk is reloaded, restarting the cycle.

One more thing, if you come across a pillager outpost be careful. Pillagers will spawn in 71block square around the center of the outpost.

The pillagers spawned there won't despawn even if you get more than 128 blocks away. They are actually still visible at that range unlike other mobs that disappear visually at about 40 blocks.

I'm not sure what the mob cap is, but if it's under 500 then i think the pillager outpost is not bound by those rules as i got just over 500 entities spawned while testing an outpost farm. It's something to be aware of if you afk near an outpost.

@haaammit Thanks for the books :D
I figured that you just popped on to check something.

Soldato
OP
*Info*

@haaammit Thanks for the books :D
I figured that you just popped on to check something.

Cheers for the info! You're welcome re the books. Spigot for 1.14.3 has just dropped so the server is down for an hour so I can backup the world and restart on 1.14.3 Hopefully some of the lag issues will have been removed.

I'll edit this post once it's up and running :)

Edit: All done. Fabric has updated to 1.14.3 as has voxelmap so you can still use that for client side mapping - I'm holding off with dynmap for the time being. Enjoy - Ham

Last edited:
Associate
It seems 1.14.3 has fixed most of the problems.

Pigmen are less angry.
Lag seems to be gone. I can use the elytra without lagging out.

And the thing about pillagers being visible, that was because i was looking down on them from 128 blocks up :p. Horizontally they disappear at about 40 blocks.

And i don't know if it was because of the lag but xp is absorbed at the normal rate now. Was really slow in 1.14.2

Soldato
OP
It seems 1.14.3 has fixed most of the problems.

Pigmen are less angry.
Lag seems to be gone. I can use the elytra without lagging out.

And the thing about pillagers being visible, that was because i was looking down on them from 128 blocks up :p. Horizontally they disappear at about 40 blocks.

And i don't know if it was because of the lag but xp is absorbed at the normal rate now. Was really slow in 1.14.2

Ah cool - that's good to hear. I'll test the goldfarm later, but that should be back up and running (xp not being collected fast enough lagged the hell out of the server).

Not sure why, but I'm still seeing skipped ticks/dropped tps at my base - no idea why.

Laters - Ham

Soldato
OP
In the process of updating to 1.14.4

For those using Voxelmap you'll need Fabric for 1.14.4 here and Fabric API Build 200 here and the latest version of Voxelmap here

The existing mods of coreprotect, griefprevention and ultimate timber should remain the same!

Have fun - Ham

Edit: Aaaand there we go - all updated to 1.14.4 The server lag is all gone, IronFarms can be rebuilt and villager mechanics are now finally done! :)

Edit2: Tested the goldfarm and it is up and running again although there is the possibility of a zombie spawning in either the afk room or the loot room, so be aware when exiting the afk spot

Edit3: Dynmap is re-enabled for the time being!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom