• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Next 12 months for Radeon fans?

Soldato
Over the next 12 months there won't be any Radeon fans left after what happened today.

Total dejection & just a completely poor showing by AMD. And I say that as someone who wasn't hyped at all about Navi, but I couldn't imagine them failing quite so badly. I just really couldn't believe they'd be even further behind than what they showed with Vega. It's insane. Nvidia is now 3 years ahead of AMD, at least.

Soldato
The Radeon 7 is a gaming card, but the only way they could achieve that level of performance was be re-branding the professional product and then selling at a loss.

professional cards are usually much worse at gaming than gaming cards, that's the only surprising part

Soldato
The Radeon 7 is the equivalent of strapping a lorry engine onto a skateboard. Yes it will go fast but it’s not really the way AMD would want to do it if they had any other options and naturally strapping a lorry engine onto a skateboard comes with all sorts of problems and compromises that doesn’t affect its ‘F1’ rival.

Back
Top Bottom