• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
So you’re saying that the 5700 is really the successor to the 590?

Well i'd say that's a given. Why would anybody drop £450 on an RX5700XT when it looks like you can get the same performance with possibly a better cooler for £100 less?

The Vega owners are just going to roll their eyes at this, and rightfully so really, it's not aimed at their demographic. Big Navi is what they're waiting for.

Soldato
Well i'd say that's a given. Why would anybody drop £450 on an RX5700XT when it looks like you can get the same performance with possibly a better cooler for £100 less?

The Vega owners are just going to roll their eyes at this, and rightfully so really, it's not aimed at their demographic. Big Navi is what they're waiting for.

Its an RTX2060 competitor for £60 more.

Caporegime

I suppose even the naming conventions show that. 5000 series seems a natural follow on to 500 series. Big Navi will probably just be called Navi xx.

Soldato
ph4gnymy9m331.jpg

Associate
I might sell my RVII and get a 5700XT 50th if the RAL is Navi only.

IMO this beats anything NVIDIA or AMD have announced in years.

Soldato
With a crap cooler and I bet it uses a ton more power, fail.

Plus it costs £60 more than an RTX2060. The RTX2060 already was expensive for a 60 series GPU,and AMD just made it look good value.

I hope all the people moaning at how overpriced Turing was,criticise how overpriced the RX5700 is,nearly 9 months after Turing launched.

You could have bought an RTX2070 for £450 9 months ago and had RX5700XT performance for all that time.

Its no point waiting for any AMD card now,they are just always late to the table,and not even undercutting the competition in any meaningful way,and still suck more power down.

Nvidia can milk 12NM Turing for a very long time and when they get onto 7NM or 8NM I hate to think how AMD will compete.

Soldato
Some pretty depressed people when they realise this

The pricing is an utter joke. The RX5700 is £360 and uses a cutdown Navi GPU. Both the Navi GPUs are Polaris 10 sized or thereabouts from estimates.

So this is literally the Polaris sized successor,so instead of £250 for an aftermarket RX480 we are paying £425 minimum for an RX5700XT. Even if you take into account increased costs,its £175 more.

Is the RX5600XT going to be a GTX1660TI competitor for £300 then??

People moaned at Nvidia jacking up the pricing of the 70 series cards with the RTX2070,but AMD have quite happily reinforced it.

This is like AMD making another RV770(HD4870) and pricing it the same as the GTX200 series.

Associate
Makes Vega 56 at sub 300 look like a bargain, especially when it's on par with 64/2060 after uv. Glad I didn't wait and got mine in February for £280 with the 3 games.

Would like something at 2080+ performance for £400 or so, guess I'll be waiting for next year.

Soldato
Makes Vega 56 at sub 300 look like a bargain, especially when it's on par with 64/2060 after uv. Glad I didn't wait and got mine in February for £280 with the 3 games.

Would like something at 2080+ performance for £400 or so, guess I'll be waiting for next year.

All the normal gamers will look at this and realise that the Nvidia cards have RTX,which this does not have as a selling point. Once some big game like Cyberpunk 2077,etc has it will people be buying a £400 to £450 RX5700XT for it or a similarly priced RTX2070 or RTX2070 SUPER? AMD have learnt nothing about how PhysX,etc helped sell Nvidia cards,and at least in the past they undercut Nvidia. They have only made Nvidia look better with this release just like Vega did.

At this point,I think RTG is a lame duck. All hype,and all mediocrity.

Soldato
All the normal gamers will look at this and realise that the Nvidia cards have RTX,which this does not have as a selling point. Once some big game like Cyberpunk 2077,etc has it will people be buying a £400 to £450 RX5700XT for it or a similarly priced RTX2070 or RTX2070 SUPER? AMD have learnt nothing about how PhysX,etc helped sell Nvidia cards,and at least in the past they undercut Nvidia. They have only made Nvidia look better with this release just like Vega did.

At this point,I think RTG is a lame duck. All hype,and all mediocrity.

I don't think they looked like a lame duck at all. They certainly seemed to have some interesting and USEFUL features compared to Nvidia's. The only thing that was disappointing was the pricing TBH.

Soldato
I don't think they looked like a lame duck at all. They certainly seemed to have some interesting and USEFUL features compared to Nvidia's. The only thing that was disappointing was the pricing TBH.

As Anandtech said years ago there is no such thing as a bad graphics card but a badly priced one. The RTX2070 was poor value for money,and people ripped into it for that reason. Nine months,later,we have the AMD version for more or less the same price. Late 2017,GTX1080 cards with a free game dipped under £450. Then you had the RX590 which was a poor effort and overpriced,and it was an easy target for the GTX1660 and GTX1660TI.

So realistically now,there is no point waiting during the next GPU cycle. Nvidia will probably move to its new gen by early next year and push even more ahead,and AMD will probably match it in performance and price 6 months later or longer,just like with Vega. In the end people could have bought an RTX2070 9 months ago for £450ish and gotten similar performance if you needed it back then,just like with the GTX1070 and GTX1080 compared to Vega 56 and Vega 64. Anyone who has waited, has not had 9 months of that level of performance in their games.

RTG are just as bad as Nvidia now when it comes to pricing now,except Nvidia gives you that performance bump quicker than AMD.

Also what planet are AMD on,when their RTX2060 competitor costs £60 more than an RTX2060. What a joke.

Nvidia is now the "value" brand.LMAO.

What is the RX5600XT going to be?? A GTX1660TI level card costing more than a GTX1660TI at £300??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom