• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Associate
We're lucky, @Gibbo has been pushing out some cracking Vega deals this year :cool:

Yeah I saw them ..... and was suitable annoyed at them :)

Vega are EOL, including the Radeon 7. Navi replaces the vega and polaris cards, so effectively prices have increased.

Hopefully we get some Navi choices over here, can always buy from the states I suppose ...

Been waiting for the Navi release, want to upgrade my 580 to something more suitable, only real option at the moment is a 2070 (Cheapest being MSI GeForce RTX2070 Ventus 8GB GDDR6 $799 AUD - works out around 450 GBP)

Last edited:
Soldato
Plus it costs £60 more than an RTX2060. The RTX2060 already was expensive for a 60 series GPU,and AMD just made it look good value.

I hope all the people moaning at how overpriced Turing was,criticise how overpriced the RX5700 is,nearly 9 months after Turing launched.

You could have bought an RTX2070 for £450 9 months ago and had RX5700XT performance for all that time.

Its no point waiting for any AMD card now,they are just always late to the table,and not even undercutting the competition in any meaningful way,and still suck more power down.

Nvidia can milk 12NM Turing for a very long time and when they get onto 7NM or 8NM I hate to think how AMD will compete.

This is exactly what I said a month ago and got shot down, I am an amd user / fan but yeah they messed up exactly like I knew they would, this is what i predicted, its either do cheaper at the same or better power or gtfo, is what i said. And they coulnd't deliver, yet again............

Soldato
Nelly is living in the future

pu5chhba.ss5.jpg

At least you lot can buy a Vega card, more chance of winning the lotto than finding one here :(

Same in NZ - there is not a single store selling a Vega 56 or Vega 64 anymore.

Soldato
And surely when Nvidia launch their 7NM it's going to be a slaughter lol.

Yes and no. Yes because it will consumer 50% less electricity and be faster and No - because this is Nvidia. Nvidia doesn't really want to kill it's competition. It wants the gaming market to thrive so it has more customers to sell products too - and so Nvidia would be happy to provide a performance boost yes, but they won't go all out unless AMD is able to push them to.

Turing and the 2080ti is as it is, not even going all out - Nvidia opted not to push the card further because they felt AMD didn't demand they do so.

If Nvidia pushed the 2080ti as hard as it can go, they would have left off the RTX and Tensor cores - Added Cuda cores instead and given the card an extra 50w to play with like the Radeon 7 has and then pushed the clocks up 100-150mhz

Last edited:
Soldato
Cyberpunk already has system killer written all over it - the graphics are next gen and it’s the only real next gen title we’ve seen - CDProjekt Red is dragging the whole industry with it into the next gen.

I personally wouldn’t buy a graphics card today for Cyberpunk just because I wouldn’t want to be dissipointed by the experience I get.

Not sure about Navi but Nvidias 7nm card’s should be out around the same time as Cyberpunk releases so I’d wait if that’s the main game you want unless you’re happy to upgrade again next year if push cones to shove.

My plan was to wait for 3080ti but my gut is saying it will launch towards the end of 2020, which is too late for CP2077 now that we have April as release date. I actually don't expect it to be a system killer but I do want 4k 60 which is not on the cards for a V64, and more importantly if it has RT I want to play with it on.

Soldato
My plan was to wait for 3080ti but my gut is saying it will launch towards the end of 2020, which is too late for CP2077 now that we have April as release date. I actually don't expect it to be a system killer but I do want 4k 60 which is not on the cards for a V64, and more importantly if it has RT I want to play with it on.
Nvidia literally dont need to do anything, all they need to do is bring out a 2090 and 2090ti.... job done, jog on AMD
But tbh they could just leave their line up as it is, AMD can at best match a 2080ti next year but I doubt they will

Soldato
Not even the fanboys are defending AMD over this, not good.

Not. Good.
Nope, I've given up after repeated dissapointment, I'm done @Lisasu if you ever see this, you messed up and lost your most important asset.... loyalty

You forgot about your customers and licked the testi of the investors, but to please them you kinda had to please us, what about our testi's?
just a massive kick instead

Soldato
Nvidia literally dont need to do anything, all they need to do is bring out a 2090 and 2090ti.... job done, jog on AMD
But tbh they could just leave their line up as it is, AMD can at best match a 2080ti next year but I doubt they will

Well, they do. They still have to sell cards as a business, and next year they won't be able to sell this garbage for £500 again because you'll have consoles performing at that level for the whole system to be at that price. So they have to keep pushing new flagship cards for the frequent upgraders to spend again (i.e. people with 2080 tis), as well as for people who were on the sideline and wanted a better than 1080 ti but not for £1200.

Not even the fanboys are defending AMD over this, not good.

Not. Good.

It's very disappointing how they're marketing a ****** reshade as some ground breaking technology but not even enabling it on their other GPUs, even though nothing's stopping them, as you can already do that with a 3rd party app. Just very poor effort by AMD, and I understand why - they have no actual selling points for 5700 GPUs otherwise. Literally nothing.

Soldato
Well, they do. They still have to sell cards as a business, and next year they won't be able to sell this garbage for £500 again because you'll have consoles performing at that level for the whole system to be at that price. So they have to keep pushing new flagship cards for the frequent upgraders to spend again (i.e. people with 2080 tis), as well as for people who were on the sideline and wanted a better than 1080 ti but not for £1200.

It's very disappointing how they're marketing a ****** reshade as some ground breaking technology but not even enabling it on their other GPUs, even though nothing's stopping them, as you can already do that with a 3rd party app. Just very poor effort by AMD, and I understand why - they have no actual selling points for 5700 GPUs otherwise. Literally nothing.
Like I said all they need is a 2090 and 2090ti

Back
Top Bottom