• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Caporegime
From what AMD showed (I know I know) it is actually around 10% faster than a 2070 and the same price as the absolute cheapest 2070 so in those terms it's relatively ok. $450 should end up as about £420 so that's almost 15% less than £480, with more performance. I don't see that as a bad deal.

Like I said though they definitely could do more with the cooler.
What about the 5700 non-XT? £360 for 2060 perf... do spare a thought for us mid-range plebs :p

I mean, I can't even see the point of the non-XT given how close (in pricing) it is to the XT.

And most of us plebs aren't spending £360 anyhow. That's at least £100 too much for my tastes in a mid-range card. Heck I prefer around the £200 mark.

What do you get for £200 these days? A slap on the back and a word of consolation for being poor, is about all :p

I won't be at all surprised if AMD release a new 480-perf card for £250 :p

Soldato
What about the 5700 non-XT? £360 for 2060 perf... do spare a thought for us mid-range plebs :p

I mean, I can't even see the point of the non-XT given how close (in pricing) it is to the XT.

And most of us plebs aren't spending £360 anyhow. That's at least £100 too much for my tastes in a mid-range card. Heck I prefer around the £200 mark.

What do you get for £200 these days? A slap on the back and a word of consolation for being poor, is about all :p

I agree with you on the 5700. It really needed to be more like £300 to make any sense. Hopefully it'll come in at around £340 with aftermarket cooling and good overclocking but I have a feeling that won't happen.

Soldato
If the super stuff happens and the current Nvidia drops $100 then it's bad price for the performance

You're right but calling it poor based on something that MIGHT happen is a bit weird. It's pretty decent as it stands, obviously that's open to change though when/if Nvidia react.

Is there any concrete evidence of what "super" actually is anyway?

Caporegime
I am a bit torn. I could get a Vega 56 which would fit my needs, 1440p at 60fps but I think its going to start struggling when looking at the games coming out and shown at this E3.

So the temptation is there to spend 200 more now and be happier with the performance for longer and get a 5700xt.

Will wait for reviews :)

Soldato
If the super stuff happens and the current Nvidia drops $100 then it's bad price for the performance
Thats what i said, nvidia will now drop their current line up, slide in the supers to replace them, probably with a bit of cream on the top, boom, its like amd dont exist.

Imagine nvidia and amd were two hot girls and you were weighing up dating one,

nvidia is the one with the nice clothes and expensive tastes but she also is a gymnast (raytracing)
Amd is the girl wearing a tracksuit with the same expensive tastes but can knit jumpers out of wool

Caporegime
Not surprised at the prices and I have been saying this for ages. "AMD are no longer the budget brand" - Lisa Su. I guess a few more people will be going for the next gen console with SSD and 4K 120 fps :D

Caporegime
You're right but calling it poor based on something that MIGHT happen is a bit weird. It's pretty decent as it stands, obviously that's open to change though when/if Nvidia react.

Is there any concrete evidence of what "super" actually is anyway?

If we call the 5700Xt and 5700 decent
Then the same must have applied for the 2060 and 2070 as they had no competition at its price point?

They're all crap price

Soldato
If we call the 5700Xt and 5700 decent
Then the same must have applied for the 2060 and 2070 as they had no competition at its price point?

They're all crap price

The 5700 is not really very decent as it offers little to nothing over the 2060. At least the 5700XT has more performance at less price which makes it a bit of a step forward.

If AMD make Nvidia react by dropping their prices is that not a good thing for people looking at AMD and Nvidia?

Soldato
The 5700 is not really very decent as it offers little to nothing over the 2060. At least the 5700XT has more performance at less price which makes it a bit of a step forward.

If AMD make Nvidia react by dropping their prices is that not a good thing for people looking at AMD and Nvidia?
It's a good thing as a whole agreed, if they drop their prices.

Soldato
It's a good thing as a whole agreed, if they drop their prices.

If they don't then AMD are actually in a pretty decent position with the XT.

I am not claiming these cards are amazing and a new dawn or anything like that, but the XT is decently positioned against the current competition and I don't really feel it warrants the hate it's gotten. The 5700 is pretty pointless though.

Back
Top Bottom