PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
Shame you can't stream games via Windows Store to another PC, I use Steam in home streaming to stream games from my PC to my laptop when at my gf's house for a period of time, using a windows 10 laptop, steam works great for this, but its not too at running Windows 10 store games.

I know you can stream to an xbox 1, but don't have one of them, so wish I could stream Windows 10 games to a Windows 10 device.
You can add Windows Store games to Steam manually, would this work for what you want?

Soldato
Shame you can't stream games via Windows Store to another PC, I use Steam in home streaming to stream games from my PC to my laptop when at my gf's house for a period of time, using a windows 10 laptop, steam works great for this, but its not too at running Windows 10 store games.

I know you can stream to an xbox 1, but don't have one of them, so wish I could stream Windows 10 games to a Windows 10 device.
If it hasn't been said already, use Parsec or Splashtop... I do this and it works great. With VirtualHere I can pass a single USB device over IP for free, perfect for game pads!

Soldato
If it hasn't been said already, use Parsec or Splashtop... I do this and it works great. With VirtualHere I can pass a single USB device over IP for free, perfect for game pads!

Thank you, I'll take a look, as if it lets me stream Forza then i'll be happy with this, thank you. I'll go take a look.

Install Parsec - its like RDP in steroids !! I'm at work right now, so only setup the hosting, and had a quick check it worked, it did, it can fire up the windows store and xbox app no issues.

No idea if it will use my gamepad, but so far its looking like a winner !! Thank you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Next thing I'd like to see from MS is a Steam Workshop equivalent.

I doubt it'll happen. But I thought the same about a dedicated PC version of Game Pass. I can hope...

Soldato
Thank you, I'll take a look, as if it lets me stream Forza then i'll be happy with this, thank you. I'll go take a look.

Install Parsec - its like RDP in steroids !! I'm at work right now, so only setup the hosting, and had a quick check it worked, it did, it can fire up the windows store and xbox app no issues.

No idea if it will use my gamepad, but so far its looking like a winner !! Thank you.
Yup it's awesome quality is much better than steam too. It will emulate a 360 pad but use virtual here and you can pass the controller over IP to the machine and it will be as if its locally connected...

I'm currently playing odyssey with a Bluetooth Xbox one pad connected via this method.

Soldato
How do they make money? Game creators, if their game is there on a service that costs £8? Instead of paying full price £40-50. Majority games you'll finish within a month and not come back anyway.

If you have 10m subscribers paying £8/month, you've got £80m/month revenue. Microsoft could take a hefty cut from that (say, £20m/month) and still pay an average £600k per game per month. Chances are, the split won't be even, with the big games receiving considerably more than indie ones. Doesn't seem too bad to me, considering the (non-MGS) games on offer. They're mostly indie games, old(er) games, or games that flopped at launch.

The really interesting question is how are Microsoft funding the aggressive promotion of the service? By the time my sub ends in 2022, I'll have had three and a half years of Game Pass for about £70...

Soldato
I'm going to buy some snackies and smash through Metro and Wolfenstein 2 this weekend. Downloaded both to my ssd and have to say the download speeds are pretty poor. I'm used to making a cuppa and by the time i return the game is almost downloaded and ready to play with Steam.

Associate
No my Xbox live has just ran out and it’s bugging me to rejoin, I wasn’t going to bother but now with this it looks worth it.

All I have is 2 months left on Xbox game pass

Soldato
Just tried downloading Void. The Xbox Beta app wouldn't let me install to a second hard drive without setting it as the default location for all apps. It then wouldn't let me use that drive for apps without removing all of the apps currently installed there. I wasn't sure if this meant everything (i.e. my Steam library) or just the Windows Store stuff already on there (FH4, Sea of Thieves). So it's going on my system drive (small SSD). Really annoying. I need more storage anyway though, so I might take the plunge and buy a 1TB NVME.

Back
Top Bottom