• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
I Don't think AMD expect to sell much navi at what it's priced at, discrete consumer GPU market is tiny for them so the are just going to try and make big margins. If they don't sell, so what.

Yea I think that is the issue. The GPU market is secondary to the CPU market for AMD. The CPUs are amazing value, but the GPUs aren't really making enough of an impact.

They need to be cheaper and target the mid-range hard, which is what the vast majority of gamers buy. Though I think I'd still rather buy AMD again over Nvidia. Better drivers, long term support, no gimping of old cards, etc.

Soldato
No no no no no.

AMD are choosing to follow it. You talk as tho they had no choice.

If NV gets hate for the pricing then so must AMD. It's called being fair.

Of course they had a choice but they are not a charity. They release a product comparable to something that is actually selling for £480, why on earth should they sell their version for £300?

Caporegime
Nvidia remains unchallenged at the top end is the main take away.
It's very disappointing I wanted a price war to break out up there, instead the battle is in the low to mid-range segment. :(
Except it isn't. There is no battle, anywhere.

The low- mid-range is stagnated and overpriced. No one is excited for any new cards at any point in the range.

Soldato
The Super Refresh is coming meaning a price drop on RTX card of $100

This means a 2070 will be £380 making the Brandnew 5700XT a damp squib...:p

There probably is something coming but has there actually been any confirmation of what this 'super' refresh will be? I don't remember hearing anything but rumours.

If this does happen then yes it will render the 5700XT moot.

Soldato
The Super Refresh is coming meaning a price drop on RTX card of $100

This means a 2070 will be £380 making the Brandnew 5700XT a damp squib...:p

The bad will with some customers Nvidia has generated with the whole 20x0 line will have an impact.

The fact that AMD now also has a very competitive CPU and Mobo lineup will also have an impact.

None of these factors existed in prior cycles and so it is not possible to label the coming Navi launch anything other than a success unless AMD make an own goal with the card itself or the drivers.

Caporegime
None of these factors existed in prior cycles and so it is not possible to label the coming Navi launch anything other than a success
Set the hype drive core to maximum reality warp! Make it so (expensive). nVidians on the starboard bow!

Sorry but anyone who claims that Navi is a success story is too far gone to take seriously.

Soldato
I Don't think AMD expect to sell much navi at what it's priced at, discrete consumer GPU market is tiny for them so the are just going to try and make big margins. If they don't sell, so what.
Other than the bad publicity it will generate in the eyes of gamers? Of course, AMD could also not care about that given they're doing a magnificent job of wrapping the semiconductor industry as a whole around their little finger.

Soldato
Other than the bad publicity it will generate in the eyes of gamers? Of course, AMD could also not care about that given they're doing a magnificent job of wrapping the semiconductor industry as a whole around their little finger.
Do you see why I did that big complaining now? about decent price, or decent performance or gtfo? This is what i meant and this is what i was complaining about not happening, here it is in all it's glory, hope we can be unified on that

Back
Top Bottom