*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I think I might break my golden rule and not buy this on Steam. I'd like to support CDPR by giving them 100% of the monies on GOG.

Yep, that's what I'll be doing, I have Witcher 3 and Thronebreaker on GOG for the same reason.

I'm almost tempted to pre-order, but that's something I rarely do, especially so far in advance. The 30% off at their merchandise store could tempt me, but looks like it expires at the end of the month and with so much out of stock that seems a bit pointless.

Soldato
Same. I've never bought a collectors edition before, I don't ever preorder either as I usually wait till games I want to play are reduced in price, but as The Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games and as Cyberpunk 2077 is set in a genre/world I am a huge fan of I think I'll preorder it when it becomes available.

Its available now at Game

Each to their own mate and I am not going to judge you for it. I don't personally plan on pre-ordering but if I can get it on GMG for £40 at launch I don't know why I would give someone £50 now to get nothing in return for nearly a year.

I prefer to think of it as an investment - I'm happy to give Cdpr a significant chunk of my money now, because they have a proven track record of treating their customers right and making great games; as someone who loves gaming and has grown up loving gaming, I want them to continue making great games long into the future for me and my kids to enjoy. As Krooton has already posted, if everyone waited 3 years and bought all their games for £5, then it simply wouldn't be financially viable, and these huge ambitious games would never exist

Soldato
If the system reqs had been released, I'd probably be more inclined to pre-order; I'd be willing to place my trust in the company given the quality of their previous games. I'm just a bit concerned that the requirements are going to be astronomical, meaning either an upgrade or getting it on another platform.

Soldato
If the system reqs had been released, I'd probably be more inclined to pre-order; I'd be willing to place my trust in the company given the quality of their previous games. I'm just a bit concerned that the requirements are going to be astronomical, meaning either an upgrade or getting it on another platform.
After reading your post I read your sig...... You are wrong, people do read it.:D

Associate
I was pleasantly surprised to see this game on GOG.
Does that mean it will sell without multiple layers of DRM dragging down performance?

I sadly won't preorder simply because it will take a year for all the patches to make it playable as it was meant to be.
Sadly, I now wait until multiple patches are released for AAA games and hopefully a big sale.

Soldato
Does that mean it will sell without multiple layers of DRM dragging down performance?

Sadly, I now wait until multiple patches are released for AAA games and hopefully a big sale.
Exactly. Almost better to wait for the legendary edition or something

Caporegime

I think we're all expecting it to have fairly beefy/foward looking requirements. I for one want it to be one hungry mother on top top settings (with the visual boost too of course), but with Medium being do-able by the likes of 2070/2080 and still looking good.

Soldato

Yes, zero DRM on GOG.

I'm not worried about waiting for patches, Witcher 3 launched in a good state so I think I can trust them.

Caporegime
The real question is, will an 2060 and overclocked 2700k be enough to play this with at least some bells and whistles?

£200-£250 on a new graphics card I can justify, but shelling over a grand on a new laptop much less so.

Soldato
This was only a few months back https://wccftech.com/gog-financial-trouble/ wonder if Keanu has ended up being an investor to bail them out.

could have been, I can't imagine how frustrating it is being a developer. Crunch big time, heart and soul pumped into a game, extremely pro-consumer yet have financial trouble while EA make more money from 0 effort FIFA lootboxes in a 9 month period than your company has in it's lifetime...

Soldato
Not sure I'll be upgrading my rig before release. I'll probably be playing at 1920x1080 with a GTX 970.

I'm fairly confident I'll manage high settings with a reasonable framerate.

If anything my cpu needs upgrading before my GPU so I hope the 970 does ok

Soldato
I plan on building a new PC this year using one of the forthcoming Ryzen chips but I am not sure what graphics card to get. As I'm in no rush I'll wait to see real world comparisons with the new AMD GPU's vs the nVidia ones. Would be handy to get some idea of minimum and recommended specs for this.

Soldato
Why do you have to give them it 10 months in advance for them to make a profit? Are you saying you would choose to pay more than you have to for absolutely no benefit?

I understand that they have earned trust but I still do not see any reason to pay for something you won't see any return on at all for almost a year.

here it is from CDP themselves.

D8qwNElUEAAIlfN.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom