• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Someone like myself who classes himself as a competitive player am excited to try out anti lag from navi.
Pricing aside I do like what I see here with navi they is some cool features coming along with the GPU a driver feature like DLSS and Anti lag basically drawing a frame ahead of the competition might not seem much but I can definitely say in a competitive shooter like csgo 1 frame is a lot.

I'll be hanging onto my Vega 64 a little long all about 2020 with navi 20 for me.

Associate
The performance is acceptable, just the prices which are too high.

But who knows, maybe they still have one last ace up their sleeve in overclockability. If the 5700XT can OC to near VII/2080 performance levels it becomes a bit more attractive since the 2080 is still at £600+.

Associate
The performance is acceptable, just the prices which are too high.

But who knows, maybe they still have one last ace up their sleeve in overclockability. If the 5700XT can OC to near VII/2080 performance levels it becomes a bit more attractive since the 2080 is still at £600+.

It would be nice if it turns out to be a good Overclocker.

Soldato
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14528/amd-announces-radeon-rx-5700-xt-rx-5700-series/2

So no improvements to raytracing performance,no HDMI 2.1,no variable rate shading but primitive shaders are now fixed.
Unbelievable, what an own goal and an epic fail. If you look at the rumours of 14 TF GPUs with hardware accelerated raytracing and super fast SSDs in the next generation consoles then you can see where all AMD's time and money went, this is not necessarily a bad thing it just means that desktop graphics is their lowest priority. These next gen consoles look like they'll be monstrously fast and a true revolutionary step forward all for price of a single 5700XT desktop GPU.

Associate
Made in TAIWAN boys n girls. (Trump tariffs not included).

3PHK2CL.png

The chip itself is made in Taiwan but I'm sure iirc, the cards are assembled in China and shipped from there, hence the tariff would apply?

It would not surprise me if the UK gets its products tariff free but the retailers add it anyway and hope nobody questions it, therefore pocketing an extra 25% or being able to offer big discounts whenever they want :p

Conspiracy theory right there... I've been watching too much American Politics :D

Associate
I love AMD but at £350 for a card that is just above V56 and slower than V64, both of which cost less than 5700, AMD need to position these new cards at lower prices, otherwise Vega kind of remains the better deal especially with V56 still around £250 and V64 from £300 at OcUK.

Let us see, I guess maybe these parts will be similar performance but consume much lower power.

V64 from 300?Cant see.....

Associate
The chip itself is made in Taiwan but I'm sure iirc, the cards are assembled in China and shipped from there, hence the tariff would apply?

It would not surprise me if the UK gets its products tariff free but the retailers add it anyway and hope nobody questions it, therefore pocketing an extra 25% or being able to offer big discounts whenever they want :p

Conspiracy theory right there... I've been watching too much American Politics :D

I work on imports, they won't be tariff free.

Soldato
No digging that design lol.

asam9nclon331.jpg
I can't believe they thought this was a good design, it looks like it has been crushed and damaged!

Soldato
I Don't think AMD expect to sell much navi at what it's priced at, discrete consumer GPU market is tiny for them so the are just going to try and make big margins. If they don't sell, so what.
Exactly, this is the way I see it. Not that I'm defending it, far from it.

Back
Top Bottom